IGNORED

Update on Health

Freebird

6 hours ago, Freebird said:

The good news is that I was awake during the surgery. Could hear when the were cutting the ends off the stitches.   Never once heard anybody say “oops” so that’s probably a good thing. 

Bet you turned your blind eye to all the goings on as well.

• Haha 1

Just now, Freebird said:

The good news is that I was awake during the surgery. Could hear when the were cutting the ends off the stitches.   Never once heard anybody say “oops” so that’s probably a good thing. 

Good to hear that it is going well ...Faith brings hope 

Well, this weekend feels like it has gone on forever but this is the last day of this misery.  To be honest, it hasn't been as bad as I expected but certainly not pleasant.  I've not had to take any of the pills that they gave me for nausea and I've managed to get by with only Tylenol and only a couple of times for that.  I haven't even opened the bottle of Oxycodein that they prescribed and I knew that I wouldn't.  I just refuse to take that stuff.  I'm ok as long as I don't accidentally try to open that eye.  It's all patched up and has a disk sewn to it anyway so it would do no good even if I could open it, beside the fact that I'm blind in that eye from the last time I had this mess.  Sometimes when you open the good eye though you just automatically try to open them both at the same time,  Since they have my eyelid sewn shut also, it doesn't open just just pulls the stitches.,  I'm getting better about not trying that,  Anyway, this is the last day and tonorrow morning I go in for surgery again to have this all undone.,  I can't wait for that to be over with,  All in all, it hasn't been too terrible.  I've been through worse pain and this too will pass,  

• Like 4

I just rejoined the forum (with a new member name) after dropping membership due to health issues. Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad to know that your outlook is good. I have followed you over the years and know that strength, resolve, attitude, and faith got you here, and will take you to the future. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Don.

I'vs heard of eye transplants but that would not be an option for me for a couple of reasons. First of all, my first bout with this cancer the tumor was around the optic nerve which was destroyed by the radiation.  The second thing is that I believe that there are plenty of people who are totally blind that would be better served.  Two people could be given site from a pair of eyes and I would never want to be the cause of a person being blind when I still have a good eye.  I've been blind in this eye since about a year after the first treatment 13 years ago and am accustomed to it.  As long as I can retain the vision in my one good eye, I'll be happy.

• Like 4

Lol.  My hair is pretty long right now.  Well I am non-radioactive again.  They got it removed this morning.  I thought all the bandages would be gone also but I’ll all bandaged up again.  They said I could remove them on Wednesday.   I guess now we just wait and see.  Everything went as planned though and at least I no longer have that radioactive disk sewn to my eye.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Donnie; you gotta be the Bravest Dude we've ever known!

How you cope with that Stuff, AND continue running 'Best Site Ever', is beyond belief!

Um... were they afraid to go anywhere near 'The Stache'? Lard* wonders what lurks there?~

Truly humbled regards, WRIDR.~

*Continuing crusade to reduce our profanity.

• Like 3