IGNORED

Update on Health

Freebird

Just a little update to let you know what's going on.  This is going to be a busy week,  I had a couple of preliminary appointments last week.  Physical, Covid test, etc.  All went fine.  This morning at 9:00 I have to go in for a biopsy on the tumor in the eye.  Sounds like I will be asleep for that but don't know for sure.  Then I have various appointments Tuesday and Wednesday.  CT Scans and etc. to determine if it has spread but we don't believe it has at this point.  As of now, I don't have anything on Thursday.  

Friday is the day though.  I will go in on Friday rot have a radiation disk sewn to my eyeball.  That used to be something that you are in the hospital for but due to Covid, I will be sent home.  So all weekend I will be wearing a lead filled eye patch and will have to wear leaded glasses anytime I"m in the same room as Eileen.  I will also have to sleep in a separate bedroom and etc.  On Monday, I return to have the radiation disk removed and then we will see what else, if anything, has to be done.

It will be along week but I've been through worse with this mess.  Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.  Just so you know, I intend to be just fine. :)

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Good morning Don!

Both Jean and I are prayin' like crazy for you, my friend! I know it's hard to dwell on the facts day to day, but hearing that you are still fighting the good fight is music to our ears!

Please know that WE haven't given up on you yet, old friend, so please don't give up on yourself! On a brighter note, you'll be able to wear your PIRATE costume AGAIN at Halloween! 

Keep us posted, and you might want to transfer your "Angel Bell" from your bike to your car this week! Just sayin'!

Earl and Jean.

PIRATE PIC.jpg

PP2.jpg

PP3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday went OK.  Had CT Scans of almost my entire body I guess.  I have a meeting today with an Oncologist but have received the test results and gone over them.  I was actually scared to death to look at the results when they came and in fact, thought about it for a while before even looking.  From what I can tell though, there is nothing terrible.  There is only one thing listed as possibly abnormal but I don't think it's very serious.  Something about possible Lipoma near my adrenal gland but it says it is likely just some type of fatty tissue and even if not, they are usually non-malignant.  Chest, liver, kidneys and etc. were all good.  Surprising since I've been a smoker for the better part of 50 years.  So today I meet with an Oncologist and then I actually get a break tomorrow.  Then on Friday I go in for the biopsy and radiation plaque surgery on the eye.  I feel sure that it's going to be a very uncomfortable weekend but nothing I haven't been through before.  I'm glad that I get a break tomorrow because I have a couple of stairlift service calls waiting.  

• Like 10

First surgery was completed yesterday and I got home around 2:00 for so I think.  Wasn't terrible but of course my eye is all bandaged up.  Felt pretty good yesterday but not quite as good today.  Could be worse though.  I think it's going to feel like a long weekend until I go back on Monday for the second surgery to remove this radiation plaque and etc.  All in all, probably not quiet as bad as I expected.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Freebird said:

First surgery was completed yesterday and I got home around 2:00 for so I think.  Wasn't terrible but of course my eye is all bandaged up.  Felt pretty good yesterday but not quite as good today.  Could be worse though.  I think it's going to feel like a long weekend until I go back on Monday for the second surgery to remove this radiation plaque and etc.  All in all, probably not quiet as bad as I expected.  

That's always good news... now we wait for Monday and make supplication in the mean time.

• Like 1