IGNORED

Anyone still motorcycle camping?

Joe in WV

Been to Asheville, Snowden Lake, Galena and Cody etc... in past years.  Would like to continue this as this is the best way to experience a road trip. Thinking about combining it with some salmon fishing May - September.  Anyone interested?  

Due to covid I have not done any recently but over the years it has been my go to means of traveling on the Motorcycle and will probably continue to be. I just love sleeping outdoors. Used to even sleep outdoors at home  but increased night time traffic noise has ruined that for me.

Motorcycle camping is still my favorite style of road tripping. Just don't get the time much to do more than the occasional overnight trip these days.

In my youth, I would pack light. A GI fart sack and a tarp would be my entire set up. These days we pull a trailer with the tent, air mattresses, table/chairs, awning, camp stove, field kithcen kit with manual espresso machine, etc.

1st world roughing it!

Edited by luvmy40
  • Like 1

It's been a few years but I am think about doing it this spring to scout some public land for hunting.  First time I went camping with the Scout group here in TX I had to work until after they were leaving.  When I showed up on the bike late in the night and setup my little 2 man the boys were all up and stoked.  I know of a couple of them that learned to ride an now camp often on bike trips. I've also been thinking about getting some type of adventure bike.  Who knows. 

• Like 1

WOW JOE!  Long time since I've heard from you.   We need to get together again ride.  I'm even up for a camping trip. I miss the Lake Snowden trips.  I am going to Asheville in August with the group.  You're always welcome to join us.     

On 1/10/2022 at 4:25 PM, Skid said:

WOW JOE!  Long time since I've heard from you.   We need to get together again ride.  I'm even up for a camping trip. I miss the Lake Snowden trips.  I am going to Asheville in August with the group.  You're always welcome to join us.     

Skid, I would really like to make that Asheville trip again. Was talking to Dave wells and will most likely get another lake Snowden camping together late spring/early summer.  I'm trying to get a spot reserved at Summersville, WV.  Stayed for three days last summer and it was amazing! 

• 3 months later...

Have 2000 Time Out that I took on rally rides (New York---2 Canadian rally's) and Freebird's maintenance days . Last year went with Phantom Wife to  Bruce Peninsula camping(her first time in it)unfortunately it was in my truck and not bike!This was because I haven't ridden 2up since I lost 100lbs 2 years ago because of diagnosis of Diabetes 2(doctors opinion  and his tests) Hopefully will get out this year too.

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2022 at 6:04 AM, SpencerPJ said:

I just don't think my wife would do it, been 20+ years since we slept on the ground.  I hope that my next camper fits my M/C in the back.

image.png.4d44ed59fbb36fda52fb83ade8e2d70f.png

I'm with you PJ. Now that we have experienced the trailer(bathroom, kitchen, bed)...I doubt I'll every pack a tent again...except to go Overlanding. But not on a scoot!

• Like 1