IGNORED

Finally

Much as I dislike Ppal I am now a supporting member ..... just wanted to give thanks for the enormous amount of knowledge in the site .......Also I apologize for my run on sentences and endless questions I will search for answers but i also never hurts to ask .....Matt 

• Like 1

Heck you have not even hit the record in the asking questions department. So since you have a long way to go ask away. BTW those of us in the know love to assist, some of us even started out as you are doing now. This site is all about sharing knowledge and the questions even help us in the know because it gives us the chance to remember stuff that we sometimes forget or challenge us with a new problem to test our know how  and diagnostic skills.

Glad you decided to join. True we got a little off track the past couple years with the whole covid thing and all but hopefully come this year we will all be back on the subject of our bikes, a much better topic anyway. You will not regret joining and may even develop new friendships with members in your area. As they say birds of a feather flock together and we are definitely a bunch of fun loving bird brains  :hurts:

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcomes ..... I'm sure some of you have noticed my scary Brake gremlin post  ( think it tried to kill me ) and yep I am confused there ...and again I apologize for my sporadic ADHD posting my mind works faster than my typing hands so I get lost in my own way so to say but eventually I get the question out LoL ....But all that aside I am seriously stoked to ask and learn as much as possible and hopefully be up an running so I can tour around an maybe meet some fellow Venture riders  

On 1/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, 84VentureMatt said:

Thank you for the warm welcomes ..... I'm sure some of you have noticed my scary Brake gremlin post  ( think it tried to kill me ) and yep I am confused there ...and again I apologize for my sporadic ADHD posting my mind works faster than my typing hands so I get lost in my own way so to say but eventually I get the question out LoL ....But all that aside I am seriously stoked to ask and learn as much as possible and hopefully be up an running so I can tour around an maybe meet some fellow Venture riders  

Sometimes the easiest solution is just to dig in and do a complete overhaul rather than nit pick at things trying to find the cause. Since for the most part this is the off season  for riding, remove overhaul or replace calipers and master cylinders and any other valves ( rebuild kits are usually not bad to acquire but clean and inspect the parts you intend to overhaul before you order kits ). Replace the hydraulic lines with stainless lines (you may even want to go the de-link route while your at it), not only does this give you independent front and rear wheel braking but it also eliminates the proportioning valve ). Note: some who de-link their brakes block one port on the proportioning valve, I prefer to remove it completely and connect the line from the rear caliper directly to the master. By biting the bullet and just digging right in and doing thorough overhaul of the brake system you will save yourself a lot of headaches down the road. Skydoc here on the site is a good source of parts for de-linking the brakes as he sells a complete kit which I believe includes cover plates to eliminate the anti-dive valves on the front forks (if do the elimination of the anti-dive valves I suggest replaceing the stock fork springs with progressive springs (if they have not already been replaced by a previous owner ) as this was a very common upgrade on these bikes. All very worth while in doing.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, larrydr said:

I have that at times when I read a post on this site there something I have come across myself ...Sometimes it is great to hear another side of a solution 

Another beauty of this site. You get more than one option/suggestion as to how best to deal with an issue, including the pro's and con's of doing certain tasks certain ways.

BTW those proportioning valves I mentioned in my earlier post are notorious for building up crud in them.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2