IGNORED

Couple days early...

XV1100SE

With the holidays coming very soon (the months go by faster for some reason now)...just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  Hope everyone stays healthy, safe, and are on Santa's "good" list.

Restrictions are being put in place due to Covid and the case counts are rising.  Glad I won't have to be at work over the holidays - reduce exposure and risk of getting it.  I'm vaccinated - two shots plus booster - but not taking chances.  Avoiding stores and crowds, large gatherings.  I passed on going to my family dinner (25 people in a house didn't seem like a good idea) but my two kids and their significant others will be coming for dinner on the 27th.  

Again......Merry Christmas and stay safe/healthy !

• Like 1

Merry Christmas all!  I’ll be spending a week with my parents and brother, Haven’t seen them in about five years, that was my wife’s gift to me.  I’m excited to visit, they aren’t old but 71 and happy to be able to spend time while they still have good health.  Back home for a day then off for a retirement party and some quality time with good friends.  Hoping to negotiate my final anticipated motorcycle installment too 🏍

We had Christmas with our family and everything seemed fine ..All of us have been vaccinated and we felt safe ..Our daughter visited some friends who had all been vaccinated for about a hour ...3 days later she felt sick ..She packed up her family and headed home where she went for a rapid test and it was positive ..One of her kids also be vaccinated got sick and got a positive test ....We will be doing a self quarantine for 4 weeks ....There have  had a number people out here who have been  fully vaccinated getting sick and testing positive for Covid ...I found a Antiviral Aid at the Health food stores that has been for generations and is doing a great job ...   Not every ones immune will work the same with vaccines and other aids ....What will it take for people to stop all and any travel at a time like this 

I'm sorry you had family get ill but we should NOT stop travel. We cannot continue to live in fear. Countries are starting to realize this and we are seeing countries like Norway transitioning to treat COVID just like the Flu. Would any of us be afraid to travel or visit our family because we "MAY" get the flu? If you don't feel well, of course stay home but please don't live in fear over covid. Living in constant fear is worse than any covid/flu/cold etc. 

• Like 1

Sadly the vaccine is not effective against getting omicron though it does appear to reduce the effects of it. On the other hand despite omicron being aggressively more transmissible, all indications are that it is not as devastating as previous variants and the majority of those getting it are recovering after only suffering normal flu like symptoms. So Hopefully despite testing positive, all will be well with your family and lets all hope 2022 becomes a better year for all.