IGNORED

Heart Issues and Vitamin K2

BlueSky

6 hours ago, BlueSky said:

And prescription medicines supposedly have been tested and approved by the FDA.  Who knows about supplements?

or interactions with other drugs or supplements. Think about it, even grapefruit or diary products are to be avoided when taking some medications but unless someone tells us you would never know or even think about that.

Well guys, I went to the cardiologist to get clearance for hip replacement surgery and the EKG came out different from what it has been the way they explained it and with a few skipped beats.  I had noticed that my heart beat was irregular at times.  So, in a month I go back for a stress test and an echocardiogram.  In the mean time, I know the Vitamin K2 had an effect on my heart with the reduced angina, so I did some more research and it appears that a side effect of the K2 can be heart palpitations....  So, I reduced the intake of K2 to one supplement of 45 mcg instead of 90 and I'll see if that makes a difference.  And I'm going to increase my exercise routine.  Sucks to be an old fart!  Ha!

• 3 months later...

Four years ago I went on a Keto diet of sorts. Thats to say i did not go whole hog. But I was on it enough that I had dropped 40 lbs and my cholesterol dropped from 3.8 to 2.2 mmol/L (this is Canadian units of measure I believe the US uses mg/dL which converts to 68.47 and  39.64). Unfortunately between being home for 2 years due to Dr orders in relation to the Covid issue and my wifes cooking and baking skills and a sudden pention for snacking on junk food (which I never used to have) I fell off the wagon and gained back the weight. Not sure what my cholesterol level is but I would not be surprised if it crept up again. 

Edited by saddlebum