IGNORED

Kentucky today

Marcarl

I think we're just catching the top edge of this system here in Central OH, but it's scary out there.    I've a house in the woods, and I moved all the vehicles to a spot without much danger from trees.    I love trees, but the big ones are a real threat in high winds.   Learned that the hard way....   I had this van pulled off the driveway back in 2017.   

Thoughts are with you folks catching the brunt of this.

20190224_141706_resized.jpg

I’ve never seen anything like this. It split around us and wiped out communities all around us. I was on shift during the storms and fielding calls all over. We sent our technical rescue unit to Mayfield to assist. Longest 24 hour shift I’ve ever worked. It destroyed Mayfield, damaged several communities, took out at least 3 fire Dept’s, hurt and killed unknown numbers. It wiped out a lake front subdivision just miles from where we’re hosting the rally in May. The heaviest damage is very near @Ky. Rider, I’ve sent him an email but haven’t heard back yet. West KY can use your prayers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Glad your ok I thought about you and your family. I work for Averitt Express and we have a terminal in Mayfield also in Bowling Green , while I was working Friday night Saturday morning I was wondering about all my friends from my Louisville terminal who had left out and were traveling through Kentucky and Tennessee. I stayed in front of it all night as I traveled to Charleston West Virginia. I hope to find everyone safe when I get back to work Monday night.

My son goes to college in St. Charles, Mo and very thankful he flew home thursday night before all this started.  A tornado touched down in a residential area a few miles from his school and several people were killed.  The Illinois amazon facility is not far from his school. 

Prayers for all who lost loved ones. 

I hauled a pickup load to Mayfield today donated by the UK Med School students. They’ve raised a large amount of $$$ to buy supplies for the three cities hit in Ky. I’m waiting to hear back but I have offered to take a 45’ box trailer to Lexington and haul those supplies. It’s gonna be a long recovery. I’m hoping the numbers released today by the candle factory are correct. They’re saying only 8 confirmed dead with 9 missing, that’s incredible if true. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PastorCurt said:

I have a brother half a mile from the tornado destruction that was so terrible, but he and his family had no damage and only lost power until last evening. God was protecting them!

That’s so good to hear. 
I had a firefighter on shift during the storm that lives near Mayfield. He knew his area got hit but no idea if his house was ok or not. He finished the shift, went home, and found he was less than a mile from the path. 

• Like 1

Confirmed today that there were only eight deaths in the candle factory, while any are terrible it is much better than anticipated. They haven't released the number of injured but I talked to the chief of another dept within minutes of the collapse and was told there were over 100 trapped. Luckily most were able to walk out once a small amount of debris was removed. The storm shelter area of the plant did its job.

• Like 3

I'm checking in and fine.  Mayfield is about 5 miles from me as the crow flies.  We had strong winds but no damage. Downtown Mayfield is destroyed as well as outskirts in the path. It's amazing how much difference 1/2 mile makes outside the path. Lots of pictures on youtube. Bill (Ky. Rider) 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I spent the past two weeks volunteering with Samaritan Purse. I was a week in Bowling Green and a week in Mayfield. The most destruction I've ever saw on all the trips I've been on. The stories I heard from homeowners was unreal what they went through. On a good note, they are lots of volunteer and other organizations there to help. There are still lots of good Americans willing to help their neighbors in need.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skid said:

I spent the past two weeks volunteering with Samaritan Purse. I was a week in Bowling Green and a week in Mayfield. The most destruction I've ever saw on all the trips I've been on. The stories I heard from homeowners was unreal what they went through. On a good note, they are lots of volunteer and other organizations there to help. There are still lots of good Americans willing to help their neighbors in need.    

Wish I’d known you were here. We’d have grabbed a meal. 

• Like 1