IGNORED

No Main/Ignition Power

On 11/20/2021 at 1:33 PM, saddlebum said:

Even here in Canada all the trucks we sell at our Volvo truck dealership, have California emission standards stickers on them because we know that these units do run to California and are not allowed in the state without the sticker. But this has been going on for some years now so not sure why all of a sudden it is surfacing as an issue in lieu of the Covid issue.

According to the article, it came to a head late last year, around October IIRC, that's when it started being fully enforced.  So, I would imagine initially it didn't make a huge impact while things were still somewhat shut down or just coming back online.  But now that more of the world is back to being open for business, the logjam built up pretty quickly.

Another CA specific issue that relates to all of this is how independent contractors are no longer allowed in CA.  So a trucking company has to hire drivers on as employees, paying all the employment taxes, rather than simply paying them a straight rate as independent contractors.  Companies did not want the extra employees or taxes & regulations which go with them, so let go a bunch of drivers who were previously independent contractors.

This is a very tough state to do business in if you are a small business.  It is that way by design, the big players own our legislature and pay for legislation that makes it near impossible for small operators to compete.  All in the name of social justice, environment, equality, etc.

I deal with it in my personal business and it is brutal.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, circa1968 said:

According to the article, it came to a head late last year, around October IIRC, that's when it started being fully enforced.  So, I would imagine initially it didn't make a huge impact while things were still somewhat shut down or just coming back online.  But now that more of the world is back to being open for business, the logjam built up pretty quickly.

Another CA specific issue that relates to all of this is how independent contractors are no longer allowed in CA.  So a trucking company has to hire drivers on as employees, paying all the employment taxes, rather than simply paying them a straight rate as independent contractors.  Companies did not want the extra employees or taxes & regulations which go with them, so let go a bunch of drivers who were previously independent contractors.

This is a very tough state to do business in if you are a small business.  It is that way by design, the big players own our legislature and pay for legislation that makes it near impossible for small operators to compete.  All in the name of social justice, environment, equality, etc.

I deal with it in my personal business and it is brutal.

Which is why the only business I do in CA is with the federal Govt.

That in itself is a questionable point. I'd rather not deal with the Feds in any way either, but Govt. contracts are a huge % of my service contracts.

Edited by luvmy40
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ignition Relay Ordered and Received.  Bought TWO Ehdis 30amp/40amp 5-pin relays (two to a box) for $9.73 off ebay.  Installed to replace original relay and now all is well.  Posting this if it helps anybody in sourcing a replacement Ignition Key Add-On Relay (or just a 5-pin relay in general).

VentureRelay.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2