IGNORED

Dunlop D423 vs Bridgestone Excedera

Anyone ran enough miles (Kms) to have an opinion?  

Front: Bridgestone 16K miles, replaced with Dunlop now has 11K and looks great with 6/32's

Rear: Bridgestone 10K miles, replaced with Dunlop got 10K, replaced with Bridgestone, now has 6500 miles with 8/32's

I like the Dunlops, but I had to buy a rear in Cody WY this summer, all they had was a Bridgestone.  Bridgestone's are fine too. 

Anyone figured out which one is the "best". 

Don

I think I may have close to 10-12,000 on my Dunlop rear tire . . . still looks good, but I'm starting to hear the howling out of is like it's started cupping . . . I had that with the Bridgestone tires, at first I thought I was having an issue with transmission or something because of the noise, but once I changed the tires no issues . . . until now.  I replaced the front tire around 16-18,000 I think so I only have about 6-8000 on it, still good too.  So far I feel that I have gotten more out of my rear Dunlop than I did my Bridgestone,  I replaced it at 12,000 and I'm at just over 24,000 and I believe I could pull another 5-8000 out of it, but that is all dependent upon the possible cupping issue.  

I don't have any experience on Dunlops except, when I had my Kawasaki Vulcan almost 20 years ago.  I almost went for a Shinko rear tire, but decided to stick with OEM Bridgestones since it was just $30 dollars more at the time of purchase.  For my SVTC, I may stick with Bridgestones in years to come.