IGNORED

spare wheel

Greetings from North of the 49th...

Does anyone here have, or know where I can get, a rear wheel for my 2nd Gen RSV (2000)?  I don't need the tire, just the wheel (with the drive splines if possible).  With The Toy put away for the winter, I now have more time to think up stuff to do in the Spring.

A buddy of mine down the street recently went Dark on his Goldwing.  He bought a second rear wheel with the car tire already on it, making the swap easy.  We've ridden a lot of miles together the past few years, which is to say I trust what he tells me, and he is very impressed with what the tire has done for the ride and overall feel.  Unfortunately this got me thinking about going that route as well.  As I said earlier..spare time, thinking, boredom..etc.

Anyway, that's the background for the post.  I want to put a suitable CT on a spare wheel and see for myself what Uncle Darth has been talking about.  If it turns out to be a bad choice, I can switch back without telling my mechanic and enduring the ridicule.

Since the bike will be sleeping for the next 4 or 5 months there's no real hurry, but I wanted to throw it out to The Group for ideas.

Thanks, gang....stay well and warm.

Cheers...

Papa Fred

Hey Fred,

I think this is an excellent way to approach this project! Here are a few I found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384371005391?fits=Model%3ARoyal+Star|Make%3AYamaha&hash=item597e4c17cf:g:x0wAAOSwcQZhMmAO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311235833138?fits=Model%3ARoyal+Star|Make%3AYamaha&epid=2232621614&hash=item487719ed32:g:LTkAAOSw3uFbK7ne

At less than $50. with FREE shipping sounds like a deal to me.

Good luck with this project Fred!

Earl

Fred,

I am taking my Darkside rim and tire off my 02 and going back to a mc tire which I already have mounted on another rim.  If you're interested shoot me a message and we can chat about it. The car tire I have on the rim is in great condition. 

Thanks Squidley...I just sent you a PM.

Hi again, Earl...thanks for the eBay tips.  I had to laugh when I opened them, since they were 2 of the offerings I was looking thru last nite....many, many postings.😏  The big challenge, from a $ point, is the shipping cost of most of the wheels I viewed.  A $40 wheel turns into close to, and often, more than 200 bucks.  And that's before adding in the $ exchange.  There were a few possibilities... a guy one province east of me has a clean wheel with drive hub and brake rotor.  The "plus" for me is no international shipping.  I'll hear from him tomoro as to shipping cost.  If that doesn't pan out, I'll continue the hunt South of the Border.  I'll check out Squidley's setup as well.  Coming off a 2nd Gen answers the "will it fit" question.

Thanks for the reply..nice chatting with you again.

Cheers...

Fred

• Like 1