IGNORED

Inexpensive cup holder

DonnyRudeDude

Hello all: I recently bought an inexpensive cup holder on line for my bikes. I like to sip on tea as I'm riding, especially this time of year. Well made and easy to attach. You'll need Locktight on the small bolt that attaches the holder to the locking mechanism, seems to be the only weak point. I see that my local Yamaha dealer in Guelph carries them now as well.  The brand is Swagman, fyi,

Mark

84 Venture, October 27.jpg

Swagman.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got me 3 of those, 2 on the scoot and lost one now that I don't have a tractor to plow snow with,, come to think of it, lost the spinner on the tractor as well. But they do work well. Nice thing about them is that the arms can be heated and then adjusted for different sized mugs,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Got me 3 of those, 2 on the scoot and lost one now that I don't have a tractor to plow snow with,, come to think of it, lost the spinner on the tractor as well. But they do work well. Nice thing about them is that the arms can be heated and then adjusted for different sized mugs,

Cool that was my question when I googled it last night, wondering exactly what will fit in there.  Don’t want to loose a $20 mug cause it fell out of a $11 holder.

Edited by Pasta Burner

41 minutes ago, Pasta Burner said:

Cool that was my question when I googled it last night, wondering exactly what will fit in there.  Don’t want to loose a $20 mug cause it fell out of a $11 holder.

Heat with an air gun, not a blow torch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, larrydr said:

The cup holder is  a place to put my A& W  Root Beer

Yep, stuck in my head now...that frosty mug taste!  I still remember when my parents would say let's go into town and get some A&W root beer floats, we were in heaven.  How times have changed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, saddlebum said:

You were there so your not wrong that was prior to getting on the ferry at Tobermory ON on our way home from Galena IL

Yep, thought so. Wasn't that the night we couldn't find a motel anywhere? a coon almost took me out? Marca got cold enough to,,,,,,, and finally we found warm beds?

I had that exact cup holder for my last bike and it works good once you get it locked on but be careful with that locking mechanism. Usually by the time it's tight enough to actually grip you're liable to break that plastic tab you have to press down on. I just picked one up on Amazon for my venture that is that exact same design except it's got a thumbscrew turn knob a thing to grip it down that if you really want to crank it down you can put a pair of vice grips on I would recommend that other style  I'm attaching a picture of the one I got it's so much simpler to use . I bought a 3 pack of the 1 you had managed to break all 3

Screenshot_20211102-140832_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by Bubblezdamunky

• 4 months later...
32 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

I mounted one with a hose clamp to my side bag crash bar behind my foot the other I had some extra Ram mount pieces that modified to work with cup holder and mounted it on my handle bar.

Crash bar is exactly what I settled on but haven’t put it into practical use yet, also don’t know how much it’ll bother the passenger.

on another note @DonnyRudeDude are those the longhorn highway pegs?  Do you like them?  I know Ben has good review.  I can’t find anyone local that has them to look at before buying.

@Pasta Burner, yes they are, the Kuryakyn 7980 Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Peg with 1" Magnum quick clamps. A little pricey but well made and they let me ride many hours longer than otherwise I could. I can ride all day on this bike with my feet slightly extended. I have the positioning of these set more downward than straight forward. As long as my legs are extended greater than 90 degrees I'm good, takes the pressure off my knees. I would recommend them. Here's some more info. I ordered locally here from Royal Distributing

20220309105308078.pdf

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pasta Burner said:

@DonnyRudeDude thanks for the info and review.  On order from Amazon for $188

Mine are the same and I love them. However because of were I mounted them I replaced the std tapered peg adaptors with the  2 1/2" extended ones.

20220309_152519.thumb.jpg.e483a2292bf2693f75e89c45b0e55bd8.jpg

20220309_152440.thumb.jpg.2f61b1763c85a50d158e33cbea558472.jpg

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1