IGNORED

Barnett clutch install-NEED HELP!

Ok, so it’s not that bad, but getting that clutch boss spring-a-ma-jig thing back on was way tougher than I’d expected.

So I was looking for those markings (in some cases dots, in others square cut outs)on the clutch fiber plates to line up with the clutch boss….I don’t see anything resembling marking on the Barnett clutch fiber plates! So I just set them in there as they came out of the oil bath….Is this going to be a problem?

Second issue, just got it all reassembled and I cannot pull the clutch lever in? Are these two issues related? What’s the work around? Also, just to be certain, I did not mess with the pushrod or ball bearing…as far as I know, they didn’t even move.

Your input will be most appreciated 

Pat

It sounds like you installed too many parts. If you got the Barnett clutch complete with a full set of discs,The only parts required are those included in the Barnett clutch Kit.  Also you take the the OEM retainer wire half disc and the two thin washers on either side of the disc and install them into the nearest trash can as they are not used with the Barnett clutch pack. Also there are no alignment markings to concern yourself with as with the OEM clutch pack.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patmac6075 said:

Thanks Saddlebum….to be clear…I need to take the wire retainer off again!

And remove both ot washers on either side of the 1/2 disc

Thanks…

Yes remove and toss the wire keeper the two half washers and the half disc. This is all replaced by a full disc. in the Barnett kit which comes with the proper number of discs and steels and eliminates the need for the half disc, washers and wire retainer.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Saddlebum….it worked!

Kind of one of those “mixed emotions” moments….I’m totally stoked it worked, on the other hand….I’m bummed that I bought a new retainer spring ($10 for the part and $10 to ship…thanks partzilla).

No matter, it’s back together and all because of the helpful crew here on the site. 

Thank you 

• Like 2