IGNORED

Elated!

Pasta Burner

Wow!  I’ve been riding for 20 years and I think I just had the most enjoyable 200 miles of my career.  My 87VR has spent the last month in the stable going through some carb and grips and other fixes and finally got out today for a real ride.  About 40degrees this morning and my new Avon heated grips were nothing short of Amazing!  Met up with another couple and to park city we went for lunch.  About half way there I remembered that there are side vents to the engine…opened those up and Wow what an amazing rush of warm air to my legs and feet!!!! Yamaha did that one right for sure!  Had lunch at an amazing Motörhead inspired Mexican restaurant next to Park City.  Went south through Provo canyon then back up I15 to home.  Averaged about 85-90mph on 15 without a hitch.  The bike rode amazing!  For a couple minutes here and there I even forgot I was riding vs driving I was so comfortable.  I hadn’t realized before I did the carb fixes that I had been fighting myself and the bike.  Big thanks to all of you who helped me get through the albiet easy fixes but so necessary to enjoy the road.  @luvmy40 Thanks for recommending getting grips with the throttle boss!  I adjusted it a few times throughout the day and think I got it where I want, my hand didn’t go numb and I didn’t even realize I was using it most of the highway miles.  @skydoc_17 thanks for the diaphragm/sliders and needle shims.  Unlike my previous 80 maybe miles to the tank I did the last 110 miles today 80 of which high speed highway and still have two bars left.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey Tom,

I am very glad to hear that the Diaphragms and sliders worked well for you! There is No describing the joy, joy these First Gen. Ventures bring when they are running good. As I said, these bikes run rich naturally, and that only gets worse as these bikes age. The Needle Shim Mod is the Bomb for curing this issue! I've seen these bikes get 50 MPG's when driving closer to 65mph. I hope you have many, many more miles of trouble free riding, my friend! Great job installing all of the parts you recently acquired!

Earl

• Like 1