IGNORED

Turbulence

New rider to a 2007 Royal Star Venture Midnight. Anyone know if the windjammer on the fork would cause undesirable drag or turbulence? Between my 17 Triumph 900 and my 83 Venture Royal, I’m not feeling confident on this bike. I’m 5’8” 220lbs and while I feel the bike is heavier than the 83, I’m struggling to decide if it’s just me or the bike: I get almost like a speed wobble around 70 going into corners. Any advice or am I just being a bitch?

@djh3 is right, also look at your swingarm bearings. They can also cause a loose front feeling. Fork pressure equal? Or maybe a combination of two or more of those mentioned. My 07 front plants very well. Last thought are you running an OEM size front tire?

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I found my bike somewhat unpredictable at low speeds, pushing in the corners, almost like riding a watermelon. Tried most of the suggestions on here including lowering the front end and installing a narrower front tire. I found raising the front and rear tire pressure to 40 psi made a HUGE difference in the way the bike handled! Night and day for me.

Paul

All the above...LOL!

I run 38-40lbs air front tire. 5lbs air in front forks.

42lbs in rear tire and 25lbs air in rear shock.

Everything stock except I lowered my front forks 1inch like @djh3. That helped with low speed handling.

The forks need to be even in air lbs. The rear swing arm needs to be lubricated with good bushings. Tires can always be an issue.

I've put lots of miles on both Ventures and the above has worked for me. Solid scoots at any speed.

• Like 1