IGNORED

GPS question

ReinyRooster

I have a Garmin Zumo 590LM that I picked up used and have not mounted it on the bike yet, but am hoping to do that in the off season. It has the usual inline fuse in the red wire, and has the black ground wire but then it has 3 plugs that look sort of like RCA jack connectors and are labeled Audio in, Audio out and Mic in. I assume the bike will not have the corresponding hook-ups built in.

Has anyone used this same model of GPS, and if so, how did you hook up these 3 connections?

I have attached a picture.20211002_184218.thumb.jpg.f57cc91c4ce83c08044f634ed89cd55e.jpg

Edited by ReinyRooster

To use the mic in you’d need a mic splitter cable, I don’t know of anyone still building it. Audio out would plug in the aux input for the stereo. The splitter known around here as the Buddy Rich cable was only available from Buddy or Edsets.com as far as I know. 

@ReinyRooster those aren’t RCA, they are 3.5mm jacks.  Like a standard headphone would plug into.  Like @RDawson mentions it’s totally up to the way you have your bike configured and options on how to hook it up.  You might also use that to connect to helmet,  and or phone, again depending on options.

Edited by Pasta Burner

I have I thinks its a 760 Garmin. Anywho  I use to plug it into the aux jack at cassette player. uploaded music on the garmin SD card so I had music. On the Victory it will break in when it needs to spit out directions. I dont remember really how I had it on the RSV. I did have a Buddy cable also so maybe thats how I had it. 

The Buddy Rich cable only ties the helmet wired mic into the system to allow phone calls while riding. The audio out will allow gps voice to go over stereo. Audio in I assume will let you stream music if plugged into your phone.