IGNORED

New and have a couple questions.

Blackcherry 06

I picked up a 2006 Venture last weekend. I am looking at the Clearview shield. I am thinking about going with the medium(19”) or maybe the large. I’m 5’ 9” and I want to make sure there isn’t any buffeting from the wind. I also plan on ordering one with a vent. My other question is do the grey ones make it difficult to see at night? If any of you all can help me out with these questions or your thoughts on the shields I would appreciate it. 

It all depends on whether you like looking through the shield or ever the top.  You will get less buffeting with the Clearview due to it being wider.  If you get the large, you will definitely be looking through it.  That can be a problem if you get stuck in the rain and can't see over the top.  As for the tint, I always went with their light or medium tint.  Had no problems riding at night.  

• Like 1

hey, welcome. i'm duey and have the same year  n color. fastest one out there!!! i have the taller windshield and don't have a problem with lookin threw the windshield even in the rain unless itz rain'n cats n dogs n then i usually find a place to shelter out. love the vent on warmer days. would love to have the light tint one for glare  at night. you should enjoy it!!!!!😉

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, I have a Clearview on my ST1300 and it has made huge difference for me with buffeting, the big advantage I find is yes they are wider, but they also have a slight lip at the top that helps direct the wind over your head.  Mind you I have the advantage of being to raise and lower my windshield while riding, but since installing the Clearview it has been kept in the lower position.  As far as the grey tint, the times I have looked through the windshield it does not hamper my vision at all.

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A good friend loaned me his 2012 RSV while mine was in the shop.  He had a dark windshield on it.  I did not care for it.  I can't say how tall it was, but I'm 5'6" and look through it a fair amount.  I have a short tinted windshield in the basement but doubt I'll  put it on.  To each their own...  Yes, less buffeting with the wider windshield.

18 hours ago, Heimdog said:

A good friend loaned me his 2012 RSV while mine was in the shop.  He had a dark windshield on it.  I did not care for it.  I can't say how tall it was, but I'm 5'6" and look through it a fair amount.  I have a short tinted windshield in the basement but doubt I'll  put it on.  To each their own...  Yes, less buffeting with the wider windshield.

Check out Slip Streamer and Clearview. Both will make custom dimensions from the standard dimensions if requested. I got mine through Clear view and found them excellent to deal with. Even when there was a slight barely noticeable defect in the windshield they were extremely good about sending me another one. The defect  was so slight That I would have ignored except that it happen to be right in my sight line.

Clearview Shields   info@clearviewshields.com      800 798 6089

image.png.415ec94da567f16f192289b0171648b3.png  Email: info@slipstreamer.com      Phone: (763) 780-9757

Edited by saddlebum