IGNORED

Tire wear

SpencerPJ

So I recently picked up a different ride.  Both front a rear tires were very low,  I aired them up to spec per manual, and they seem to have an odd mild vibration, especially in turns.  As you can see, it's a no brainer. 

Question.  Is this something that might wear off, should I drop pressure a bit, should I simply replace, Is it highly dangerous to ride as is? It seems fine, no vibrations at cruising speed etc, it's the corners or leaning back and forth that you can tell.

Thanks for any and all advise.

tire.JPG

Looks like it was run underinflated most of its life. Tread depth looks OK. The Dunlap E3 use to wear odd on edges and would feather edges and howl in corners. I dont see anything visually I would worry about. Check the sidewall for date and also visual cracking incase they rode it a lot low, it could cause damage.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with above...with one caveat: Pay attention to the ride quality. Running under inflated may have damaged a belt or two. If the vibration you feel gets worse, I'd replaced the tire. Also inspect the tire near the tread edge for bulges that may appear. That's where the issue will appear.... And maybe why you are feeling the vibration only on turns. 

Other than above, Paul, the tires should be ok. They look good!

D

• Thanks 1

Quick update.  I aired them up a couple pounds higher than manual suggested, I have run maybe 800 miles, and they seem perfectly fine now. I still have slight high spot in center of tire, but no vibrations at all, not even even low in the corners. I will keep an eye one them, I do not know how long they were run low.