IGNORED

Radiator Hose for Royal Star

My Bottom radiator hose needs to be replaced (2008 Royal Star Venture). I called several Yamaha dealers in the area for availability and got the same answer: "We can order one." Well, I can stay at home and order one too. The problem is I want it now! The Yamaha part number for the lower hose is 4XY-12588-00-00. It retails for about $16 plus Ship&Tax.  Searching at an auto parts store is futile since they don't carry many motorcycle parts and immediately request the year, make, and model to search for parts. Fortunately I know someone at the local Autozone who allowed me to browse through the inventory of hanging hoses behind the counter.  I found one that will work.  It fits a 1999 Honda Civic 1.6. Although it is used as the top radiator hose in the Civic, and is much longer with multiple bends, nonetheless,  it works perfectly.  The Part number is Continental Hose E71604. AutoZone sells it for $23.  The benefit is that there is more than enough to replace the upper and lower hoses on the Royal Star. There is even some left over if you screw-up. Another benefit is you can cut it a little longer than the original to make assembly easier.  Best of all, I can ride today.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1