IGNORED

Asheville 2022

Woody

10 minutes ago, Riderduke said:

Either your a really slow packer or I'm going to be real late....

I have to make a list, then edit the list, empty the trailer and the bike, pack according to the list figure out that it will not all fit, redo the list, empty everything back out, repack, figure out I can fit more, redo the list and start all over again till it all fits, finally throw the list away then pack from what I took last time.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Skid said:

I got a call today and my cabin is full now. Looks like Joe from WV and Dan from Chicago will be joining me. Let the fun begin!

I'll be there, but need to figure out why my clutch failed yesterday.  Went from good clutch to nothing in 4 miles. Luckily I was close to new house and I shifted to neutral coasted to a stop and put in garage and called Penny for a ride.   Have been really lucky with this bike. Had a  stator  go out as I was pulling into my driveway a few years ago.  I guess "Stuff"  happens... better to happen at home than on the road.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

I'll be there, but need to figure out why my clutch failed yesterday.  Went from good clutch to nothing in 4 miles. Luckily I was close to new house and I shifted to neutral coasted to a stop and put in garage and called Penny for a ride.   Have been really lucky with this bike. Had a  stator  go out as I was pulling into my driveway a few years ago.  I guess "Stuff"  happens... better to happen at home than on the road.

By failed, do you mean it wouldn't dis-engage or was it slipping?

5 hours ago, Marcarl said:

By failed, do you mean it wouldn't dis-engage or was it slipping?

It won't dis-engage. There's no resistance when I pull the clutch lever in.  Will check fluid level but I didn't notice any leaks on the floor. Guess I need to jump on this this weekend in case I need to order something.

10 minutes ago, Joe in WV said:

It won't dis-engage. There's no resistance when I pull the clutch lever in.  Will check fluid level but I didn't notice any leaks on the floor. Guess I need to jump on this this weekend in case I need to order something.

If it was working well before then is sounds like maybe you have a clog? There is a small hole at the bottom that reservoir that can get clogged pretty easy with any piece of trash....it can be hard to see that hole too if the fluid is dirty, maybe a paperclip or needle to explore once you suck out the existing fluid? I use a syringe to remove old fluid. Usually a really good cleaning along with a full fluid flush will solve issues like that (DOT 4 fluid from a new unopened bottle).  I use a vacuum pump to pull new fluid thru, just make sure you don't get any air bubbles in the system or it will take a lot longer to get it working properly. Good luck with it, nice that you were so close to home!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, InfinitySurf said:

If it was working well before then is sounds like maybe you have a clog? There is a small hole at the bottom that reservoir that can get clogged pretty easy with any piece of trash....it can be hard to see that hole too if the fluid is dirty, maybe a paperclip or needle to explore once you suck out the existing fluid? I use a syringe to remove old fluid. Usually a really good cleaning along with a full fluid flush will solve issues like that (DOT 4 fluid from a new unopened bottle).  I use a vacuum pump to pull new fluid thru, just make sure you don't get any air bubbles in the system or it will take a lot longer to get it working properly. Good luck with it, nice that you were so close to home!

I'll definitely check it out/look for it.   I used a mighty vac 5 years ago to pull the dot4 fluid thru. Hoping it's just low but while I'm in there, will pull new thru all the brakes and the clutch..  Thanks for advice...

Which brings up another problem, my wife used my mighty vac a while ago for making knife handles and didn't use the reservoir between the resin and the MV,  so the resin she was using went into the MV making it useless. Need to make a trip to the store to buy new one....

1 hour ago, Joe in WV said:

I'll definitely check it out/look for it.   I used a mighty vac 5 years ago to pull the dot4 fluid thru. Hoping it's just low but while I'm in there, will pull new thru all the brakes and the clutch..  Thanks for advice...

Which brings up another problem, my wife used my mighty vac a while ago for making knife handles and didn't use the reservoir between the resin and the MV,  so the resin she was using went into the MV making it useless. Need to make a trip to the store to buy new one....

Yep!

8 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

5 years ago??.   If that was the last time you are 3 years overdue to flush and refill.  A good flush and fill may be all you need.   While, you’re at it, if the brake fluid is that old you should consider them also

Just lettin' everyone know....Ashville may be up in the air for us right now.

We have 2 Pomeranian pups in our lives now.   We've had them since early April, and took them to W Kentucky with us in May without issue.

We were at a friends farm with them in Western PA for the 4th weekend and one of them suffered a badly broken arm.    We had a baby gate keeping them towards the back of the motorhome, and I heard a cry and went to check and "Charlie" was on the other side of the gate with his front leg bent at a 90.   I think he climbed or jumped over the gate and got his tiny leg caught on something.   

He's getting surgery this morning,....getting a tiny plate screwed to that tiny leg bone, but he's going to need to be kept in a small pen....kept from activity for at least 6 weeks.    I don't know how this will affect our Ashville plans yet.   Already had to cancel July Myrtle Beach trip.   Will keep everyone informed.

charlie.jpg

Edited by uncledj
Pic
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, uncledj said:

Just lettin' everyone know....Ashville may be up in the air for us right now.

We have 2 Pomeranian pups in our lives now.   We've had them since early April, and took them to W Kentucky with us in May without issue.

We were at a friends farm with them in Western PA for the 4th weekend and one of them suffered a badly broken arm.    We had a baby gate keeping them towards the back of the motorhome, and I heard a cry and went to check and "Charlie" was on the other side of the gate with his front leg bent at a 90.   I think he climbed or jumped over the gate and got his tiny leg caught on something.   

He's getting surgery this morning,....getting a tiny plate screwed to that tiny leg bone, but he's going to need to be kept in a small pen....kept from activity for at least 6 weeks.    I don't know how this will affect our Ashville plans yet.   Already had to cancel July Myrtle Beach trip.   Will keep everyone informed.

Sorry to hear this. We just got a Bichon Friese a few weeks ago... 3.5 lbs and faster than a rocket!  We keep him in a small baby playpen with cardboard on bottom with a large dog pad and small dogvcrate, so far so good.  At 9 weeks he's just about potty? trained...  Hope everything turns out well.

• Like 1

We're hopin'.    He got surgery this morning....2 plates and 5 screws....with a 6 pound dog those pieces must be tiny.   Anyhoo,  they called and said he did very well and we can pick him up tomorrow.   Big money for this stuff though...got almost as much tied up in his busted wing as I paid for my 06 Venture.:yikes:

They now say 5 weeks in a pen and inactive and he should be good as new.:cool10:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...