IGNORED

Asheville 2022

Woody

13 hours ago, dfitzbiz said:

Rose Mary and I are in for the rally. We will be arriving Thursday and staying in cabin K15. We are looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. 

be great to see ya'll and another trike is always welcome.

On 4/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, ReinyRooster said:

So I got confirmation last  week that I getting my knee replacement surgery May 24. Gonna rehab hard and hope to be back in the saddle for this trip.

I wish all the luck on a job well done. I am on the threshold of looking at a knee replacement myself. When  and how bad it needs to get before doing one I have no idea. But will be interested in hearing about your experience.

Well I already have had both hips replaced, and the left knee has been a problem since I was in my 20s but the doc wouldn't replace the knee back then cause I was too young. I wear a brace on it most days but it's to the point lately of keeping me from sleeping. Everyone says that the knee replacement is more painful and a longer recovery then the hip....I guess I'm about to find out. 

• Like 1

if ya do what they tell ya ta do, knee replacement is a wonderful thing! had both done n itz the best thing i ever did. no more knee pain!!!!! just make sure to do the therapy before n after, it lessen's the recovery time!👍

I joined VentureRider last Fall shortly after buying my 1st RSV. Lot of value in being a member of a good forum like this and really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from members here... spent the winter going down a rabbit hole and had the bike stripped down its underwear (OCD like that), I have bought parts from several members and did many upgrades over winter, been riding it anytime I can leave the truck at home :-). Took a little getting used to the size of this beast but I really enjoy riding this couch around, most comfortable motorcycle I have owned! Honestly I am hooked now and doubt I would own anything smaller in the future and thinking at some point down the line I will likely transition into a trike when the time is right. 

Anyway, the wife and I love Asheville and only live a couple hours away. I just booked a cabin for Aug 18 & 19 (on new map its DC-6, located on the river & on the old map its listed as T-6). Had to find a cabin with a bathroom if I wanted the wife to come, lol. We look forward to meeting everyone! 

-Drew

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I thought I would check in and see if this thing is still on as I haven't seen any new conversations about it. I sure how so.....this event is my motivation that's pushing me through the painful rehab from my knee replacement. The bruising on my leg is amazing.....I have never been one to bruise much so the purple and black and yellows are wonderful to look at....LOL.

Looking forward to the ride and to meet everyone.

ReinyRooster

Well Folks.  It looks like I'm gonna try and make this rally... It's been a while since I've been to a VR.org event... So if you will allow me to come with my Can Am Spyder, I'll make hotel reservations. and come on down.. I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll and getting some more practice in the twisties with this bike.

5 hours ago, Riderduke said:

Well Folks.  It looks like I'm gonna try and make this rally... It's been a while since I've been to a VR.org event... So if you will allow me to come with my Can Am Spyder, I'll make hotel reservations. and come on down.. I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll and getting some more practice in the twisties with this bike.

We have a lot of spyder riders in the club now and as always it is as much about the people as it is about the machine. I would not be surprised if a tech section on the spyder gets added to the tech talk section. There is already a gold wing section added. so in other words welcome home :beer:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Riderduke said:

Thanks everyone.....  I Haven't changed much, I'm still a smart A$$...  I wasn't really asking for permission to ride the Spyder...LMAO... I coming anyway......

Well if as you say your still a smart A$$ ....and having already been here....You already know your a an unfit fit :rotfl:

• Haha 1