IGNORED

Down But Not Out!

Poppa Phill

Good Afternoon Brothers and Sisters. Been a Serious Minute or 2.. I hope all of you have been doing well.

Issues tied to the aneurysm had me sidelined for a long hot minute but things seem to be on the upswing these last few months with a great recovery and a decent outlook.

Had to park the bike due to not being able to safely hold it up coming to a stop. Couldn't do much of anything , No work done on the cabin etc. Full Stop across the board.

Its nice to be mobile again and Great to return here to bug yawl to death!! Gonna Browse the boards and try to catch up on the goings on over the next few days/weeks.

Opened a small engine repair shop in an old fire House in the Center of Danforth about 12 miles from the house.  Gives me something to do and I get paid to break stuff etc.

So much for yarning. Yawl Have a really Great day and I be seeing ya!!!

Ride Safe!! and God Bless ya!!

• Like 11

• 5 weeks later...

Poppa phill I know how you feel having to wait to recover. It’s good to have something to keep busy at or you go stir crazy. Course my loving wife has had lots of helpful suggestions of things I could do.  So far I’ve failed at sweeping, vacuuming, cooking on a stove (bbq works just fine, go figure) and a host of other household chores. Mind you I had to try really hard and be creative to fail that many times but how else would I be allowed to go fishing?

12 hours ago, Pro procrastinator said:

Poppa phill I know how you feel having to wait to recover. It’s good to have something to keep busy at or you go stir crazy. Course my loving wife has had lots of helpful suggestions of things I could do.  So far I’ve failed at sweeping, vacuuming, cooking on a stove (bbq works just fine, go figure) and a host of other household chores. Mind you I had to try really hard and be creative to fail that many times but how else would I be allowed to go fishing?

Be allowed to go fishing??? or told to go fishing!!

3 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Be allowed to go fishing??? or told to go fishing!!

If you working it right being told to go fishing is desirable vs being allowed. Being told can't come back on you were as being allowed could down the road in the form of "yes but you really didn't have to go! Did you?".

See now there is the catch. Being told to go or being allowed to go. One of those actually means go clean the garage. 
now I admire poppa Phil’s idea of setting up a shop down the road. That way he’s outa sight outa mind and if he’s late for dinner he can dab on some grease and look tired and say he was swamped with work and get away with it. When you come in late from fishing the love of your life looks at you and says I suppose you want food now too. It’s hard to garner sympathy at times like that!

5 hours ago, saddlebum said:

If you working it right being told to go fishing is desirable vs being allowed. Being told can't come back on you were as being allowed could down the road in the form of "yes but you really didn't have to go! Did you?".

I can hear it now already: Didn't I tell you to go fishing,,,, annnnd what did you bring me???? NOTHING???? Just where did you go?? What WERE you doing???

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Marcarl said:

I can hear it now already: Didn't I tell you to go fishing,,,, annnnd what did you bring me???? NOTHING???? Just where did you go?? What WERE you doing???

You forgot the part were after a full day of fishing they open the fridge door to show you a fish from the local market and proceed to tell you how it did not cost them a whole day and a tank or two of fuel as you stand there empty handed cause the fish were not biting.