Jump to content
IGNORED

This vacation sucks


ReinyRooster
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 1/2 weeks ago my hunting buddies and I were out scouting the bush and setting up a few ground blinds for this year's hunting season and clearing away some growth, A few days later it becomes obvious that stupid me got into some poison ivy! Now here I am on vacation at the cottage lathering up twice a day with calamine lotion and trying hard not to scratch.

On top of that, it's our 42nd anniversary tomorrow......this will be REAL romantic. 

Some days you just can't win.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got poison ivy rash really bad on my legs and arms as a kid from climbing up an apple tree that was covered with poison ivy vines.  Every spring for several years it came back a little less each year for several years.  No calamine lotion.  I really suffered so I have a idea what you are going through.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never got poison ivy as a kid.   Dad always said he didn't get it until his mid 30s and it turned out to be the same for me.   If I look at it too close I'd get it.    Once you start getting it, you learn to spot it pretty quick.

Then I found out about poison ivy pills, and since I used to have plenty of it around the property, I figured "what the heck".      I'm here to tell ya....They Work.

I take them April to October every year, and I've even put it to the test by ripping out poison ivy vines bare handed....(It was a gutsy move)....But, even doing that, I get what looks like a few mosquito bites and it goes away in a few days.

  Get / take the pills....get some poison ivy wash and use it when you think you've been exposed, and it'll never be a problem for you again. 

Poison Ivy Pills.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 10:25 AM, ReinyRooster said:

2 1/2 weeks ago my hunting buddies and I were out scouting the bush and setting up a few ground blinds for this year's hunting season and clearing away some growth, A few days later it becomes obvious that stupid me got into some poison ivy! Now here I am on vacation at the cottage lathering up twice a day with calamine lotion and trying hard not to scratch.

On top of that, it's our 42nd anniversary tomorrow......this will be REAL romantic. 

Some days you just can't win.

 

 

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, uncledj said:

Never got poison ivy as a kid.   Dad always said he didn't get it until his mid 30s and it turned out to be the same for me.   If I look at it too close I'd get it.    Once you start getting it, you learn to spot it pretty quick.

Then I found out about poison ivy pills, and since I used to have plenty of it around the property, I figured "what the heck".      I'm here to tell ya....They Work.

I take them April to October every year, and I've even put it to the test by ripping out poison ivy vines bare handed....(It was a gutsy move)....But, even doing that, I get what looks like a few mosquito bites and it goes away in a few days.

  Get / take the pills....get some poison ivy wash and use it when you think you've been exposed, and it'll never be a problem for you again. 

Poison Ivy Pills.jpg

My wife tried those a few years ago after getting poison ivy over half her body and so bad that she had to get shots and cortisone cream. They did not work at all for her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, saddlebum said:

My wife tried those a few years ago after getting poison ivy over half her body and so bad that she had to get shots and cortisone cream. They did not work at all for her.

  I don't believe they're intended as a therapeutic so much as a preventative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...