IGNORED

Rick Butler seat to lower Gen 1

Pasta Burner

So I rarely ride two up with the wife, it’s usually the kid that comes with me if anyone.  Yesterday we did a ride through the high Uintah Mtn and my goodness the off camber and uphill intersections kicked my ass.

The problem…I have short legs 30” inseam.  When I’m solo I teeter on my toes and am mostly comfortable with it even though I wish I didn’t have to.  But add the responsibility of another life and putting more air in the rear to compensate for the extra weight it made for some hairy pull aways.

I don’t really want to mess with suspension mods, so my research has lead me to people being happy with the seat mods from Rick Butler (Texas?).  Seems like the members who have had their Gen 1 seats done by him are no longer active.  By the way I already have a Corbin seat, not sure of its pedigree though.

is this the right guy?

https://m.facebook.com/pg/The-Butt-Butler-Motorcycle-Seat-Reconstruction-1239795552868655/about/

Any thoughts are appreciated and thanks for bearing with me as I’ve been flooding the forum with issues lately.

I also discovered by accident that a GEN 1/MK1 seat put on a GEN1/MK2 also lowers you about  1-1/2'' and its just a straight drop on. No modifications needed. Only thing is the passenger part of the seat is smaller than the MK2 I used the space to slip in a Harley handle bar pouch.

• Like 1