IGNORED

Hurricane Ida - Stay safe

bpate4home

I monitor storms for our Firm and wanted to share info here as this thing is growing quick. I can't see to attach the graphics at the Moment so I've attached a PDF of the info.  If you can get out of the way of this storm it might be a good idea. Otherwise, stay safe. 

The eye of hurricane Ida is becoming better defined as crossing Cuba had little to no effect on the storm. Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 85 mph with higher gusts.  Rapid strengthening is forecast during the next 24 to 36 hours and Ida is expected to be an extremely dangerous major hurricane when it approaches Gulf coast on Sunday.  The SHIPS and LGEM models are showing a little less strengthening than previous runs.  However, the HWRF and HMON models continue to forecast Ida to reach Category 4 intensity before landfall with winds approaching 140mph. Please note that these are 2 of 20+ models predicting Cat 4 status. We know this storm will be a strong Category 3 storm. The majority of the models are showing an expansion of the wind field as in it increases in strength. Tropical force winds are expected to affect the coast line beginning Sunday morning.

Storm Surges in some areas are expected to be 15 + feet near Morgan City, LA,  the mouth of the Mississippi River to Ocean Springs, MS. Overtopping of local levees outside of the Hurricane and Storm Damage Risk Reduction System is possible where local inundation values may be higher. As Ida moves into the Louisiana coast late Sunday, total rainfall accumulations of 8 to 16 inches with isolated maximum amounts of 20 inches are possible across southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi through Monday. We could see major flooding along Ida's track and in to MS. Flash floods are a  high risk along the LA coast to north of Lake Pontchartrain but chances of flash floods cover the entire LA, MS and AL coastlines and extend out to the FL Panhandle, Western AL, MS and portions of TN. 

Ida.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1