IGNORED

Wanted 1st Gen Rear Master Cylinder

As the title states I’m in need of a rebuildable rear master cylinder for my ‘84 Venture Royale. I don’t need the reservoir, just the M/C and proportioning valve.

I can be reached via PM through the site, email patmac_6075@yahoo.com, or text 262-347-6646

shipping to WI 53129

thanks

Pat

Yes, thank you Carl, as stated in the headline, it is the rear master cylinder I need.

I’ve rebuilt the one I have 3 times now….seems to start leaking faster and faster. I’ve never been very aggressive when honing the bore….but I’m tired of rebuilding this one, hopefully I’ll have better luck with a new (to me) one.

1 hour ago, Patmac6075 said:

Yes, thank you Carl, as stated in the headline, it is the rear master cylinder I need.

I’ve rebuilt the one I have 3 times now….seems to start leaking faster and faster. I’ve never been very aggressive when honing the bore….but I’m tired of rebuilding this one, hopefully I’ll have better luck with a new (to me) one.

If it's leaking out past the seals there could be 2 reasons. One is that the bore has some pits or 'scratch' marks in it, the other is cheap seals. When honing out the bore it needs to be perfect, no pits, no lines, no marks. There may also be a slight chance that the bore is honed out too far or that somebody tried to 'fix' it by hand and so made it out of round.

How does one hone out the bore?  I ask, I recently did some brake work, did not replace the rubber seals, slight leak with a tear in one of the rubbers (ordered oems today), but I only lightly sanded my bore as I did not easily find a hone (like a piston hone) readily available.  

Patmac6075.  There is a cycle recycle place in Indianapolis that has a couple older Ventures, might call them http://www.newmotorcycleparts.net/

In my case I’m darn near certain I wasn’t to aggressive with the sandpaper….I’d need to go at it pretty hard with the 1000 grit on the end of a pencil.

It could be the cheap “All Balls” rebuild kit I used vs the OEM kit…but at $25 vs $90….I’m a sucker for a deal. Can guarantee once I get another M/C, I’ll be picking up the OEM kit!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patmac6075 said:

In my case I’m darn near certain I wasn’t to aggressive with the sandpaper….I’d need to go at it pretty hard with the 1000 grit on the end of a pencil.

It could be the cheap “All Balls” rebuild kit I used vs the OEM kit…but at $25 vs $90….I’m a sucker for a deal. Can guarantee once I get another M/C, I’ll be picking up the OEM kit!

$94 to be exact.  I found one in IL, guy shipped Friday, should be early next week. I have my 83 up for sale, some things I'll sell as is, a dripping rear master is not one of those things. There's an oem on ebay. 

• Like 1