IGNORED

Suzuki Cavalcade question

uncledj

Rode with the guys up to the cabin last week, then spent some time riding the by-ways of North Central Pennsylvania.   Had a great time.  One of my friends has a 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade.   GV1400GT

He started losing clutch fluid and was leaking fluid down by where I'd expect the clutch slave cylinder to be.   Ended up losing the clutch completely, and I figured he must have blown the seal on the slave cylinder.   He rode it back to the cabin without a clutch.   

I told him that he may as well just replace the master and the slave.   Master cylinder (aftermarket) was easy to find, but I cannot find a slave,...or release....cylinder anywhere.

I'd be willing to replace the seal / rebuild the cylinder if necessary, but I'd trust a complete replacement much more.

His mechanical skills limit him to pretty much changing oil, so I told him I'd help with the replacement, but can't find the parts.

I'd imagine other years / models will have similar or even the same parts, but I can't find confirmation of this.

I figured I'd put this out there for the most resourceful group I know to see if anyone can help track down a slave cylinder.   The only one I found was on e-bay, and it's used, and it's in Canada.

Any ideas?GIF by HULU

Mikes 86 Cavalcade - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

See that....THAT'S why I posted.   For some reason, I had trouble finding that specific model.   Looks like it is the same cylinder as on some other Suzi's.  I ended up ordering one from Partzilla.   Shipping was quicker.   

Thanks to all my VR friends......So much more than "Venture" site.

Venture at camp - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

Ordered him a new master cylinder and slave cylinder.   He should get them next week.   I'll try to make it up to Y-town to help install and bleed it for him.   Good friend....knew him since I was 5 years old, but he's not mechanical so I gotta help him out sometimes.

• Like 1

The Lake Milton Dam.....or Damn....restoration was my last job as a laborer.   That job, along with the old Copperweld Steel convinced me that laboring wasn't for me.   By my nature, when I do a job I give 100%+, and laboring would have killed me by age 30.   Definitely toughened me up though.

Refrigeration is certainly less physically intense than framing or loading roofs!👷‍♂️

Unfortunately, I wind up doing new construction as much as service and quite often end up hand carrying insulated box panels and muscleing 200+ lb. condensing units up stairs and the like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been waiting for the release cylinder from Partzilla.   Looked over the order info and saw that it says "Backordered, no eta"

So I sent 'em an e-mail asking for some sort of an idea of when we may get it.   If they can't send it soon, I'll cancel and order from Bike Bandit, who claims it'll be shipped in 1 - 2 business weeks.

I'm guessing this is just because the Cavalcade is a relatively rare bike.....

Anyhoo, ...either way it's gonna be a wait.

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

• Sad 1