IGNORED

for us older folk - compression socks work for me - eliminated light headedness

VentureFar

Hi all, For us older riders, to include my brother @cowpuc I did a review on the Copper Joint compression socks and knee sleeve.

Seriously, the FDA and the CDC both recommend them for people that sit a lot, like we do gas stop to gas stop.

I don't know about you but I get light headed getting up from the ground after playing with my grandson on the floor.

Here is my review. Copper Joint  has an interesting twist that worked for me but I also bought other brands now that I know compression socks work for m

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/08/21/copperjoint-compression-socks-and-sleeve-review-riding-tested/

Hope this helps, Comments always welcome.

VentureFar...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another good writeup on your experience. I've used socks from And One for the last several years. They are a tight fitting sock but I don't know if they are classified as compression socks. I got them because they stay in place on long days.  In my Job I sit a lot also. I do get up an move around, wireless headsets are great for this, but my feet would essentially "go to sleep". I have not had that issue since I started using this type of sock.  

• Like 1

Excellent write up Neil, and very informative! For those that didn't know, I had a triple bypass to remove a grapefruit sized aneurism. I returned to work in March and am required to stand on concrete 8 to 12 hours a day to do my duties as a Tool and Die Maker. Without Compression Socks, I would NOT still be working I can assure you of that! Now I am not currently using the fancy "Copper Top" brand, but they are provided by my medical insurance. They come in colors, and go all the way to my knee. I am shocked that they NEVER fall down, even during the longest days at work. After reading your review Neil, I may pick up a few pairs for weekend wear because the insurance supplied ones do look a little "geriatric"! 

Thanks Neil, for the thoughtful post!

Earl

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, VentureFar said:

Hi all, For us older riders, to include my brother @cowpuc I did a review on the Copper Joint compression socks and knee sleeve.

Seriously, the FDA and the CDC both recommend them for people that sit a lot, like we do gas stop to gas stop.

I don't know about you but I get light headed getting up from the ground after playing with my grandson on the floor.

Here is my review. Copper Joint  has an interesting twist that worked for me but I also bought other brands now that I know compression socks work for m

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/08/21/copperjoint-compression-socks-and-sleeve-review-riding-tested/

Hope this helps, Comments always welcome.

VentureFar...

You think they will still be available thirty years from now when I am old.

• Haha 1

Wait a minute Ben, (You OLD Goat!) You ARE OLD! Older than I am anyway! I wouldn't wish this "Oldness Thing" on my worst enemy! After I work all week, then spend all day Saturday in the shop, I end up spending all day Sunday hobbling around in the house in my "Snoopy PJ's" Getting old SUCKS!

Earl

• Like 1
  • Haha 1