IGNORED

Why Wear A Mask

saddlebum

6 hours ago, uncledj said:

The points that were missed comment was intended for Saddlebum, who posted a link to an article that implied that no empathy should be given to those who chose not to get the vaccine.  

If I recall the only article I posted that did make a  comment of that nature I quickly deleted after I re-read it and realized what was being said, because there is no way I would condone nor even entertain such a sentiment, And if you saw it you must have caught it just after I posted it and just before I deleted it.

19 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

Nice dialogue guys. what you say we now close this thread. So far it will be up to the dialoguers, and I am mostly a dialoguee.

You got my vote. I think we are just going in circles now.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

CORRECTION:

Apologies to Saddlebum....the link that was posted actually WAS posted by Du-Ron.

It was the link that I had a problem with, not comments by anyone.

I apologize if you think any comments were against you.   The points that were missed comment was intended for Saddlebum, who posted a link to an article that implied that no empathy should be given to those who chose not to get the vaccine.   It told of people who refused that were on their deathbed begging their children to get the vaccine.

THAT is an attempt to evoke an emotional response rather than a re-hash of what either side considers the dubious and challenged "facts".

My point was that emotion and rebuke should not be used to make an argument, and that's exactly what was done by posting a link to that article.

Tryin' to read through your response point by point....(Although I have dinner in the oven....I make a killer meatloaf.)  

I think it covers a few points to say that I'd never accused you of anything, but rather the MSM that pushes masks and vaccine...

As far as review goes...I HAVE reviewed it quite a bit.   I make decisions for myself as well as my ward...my Autistic Brother....and I take such decisions very seriously.  I ask my brother Jeff if he wants the vaccine and he says I would know better than him.   Since he doesn't get out into the world much I don't believe I'm going to push it on him.   He basically lives in his own apartment here on my property in rural Ohio.

You seem to rely heavily on your experience at San Angelo, ...but your experience has not been mine.   I know several people who've had covid...I believe my wife and I have had it but haven't been tested.   Mild flu with loss of taste / smell last Winter.   The folks I know who've had it....or at least are aware that they've had it have mostly had very mild symptoms...one had severe flu symptoms and one landed in the hospital, but has recovered.  (Was a heavy smoker)

THAT is my experience with covid.   That, combined with the info I've gleaned from several sources from both sides of the issue tell me that the whole covid thing has been WAAAAYYY overblown.   We can speculate as to why, but that's probably a thread of it's own, and would undoubtedly turn political, so it's best left alone.

I truly wish you well...and if it turns out I'm wrong about all this I'll truly be happy that so many were right and the world will go on.

I'm just tryin' to think for myself, with what little ammo I have.

Be well.

Yeah, it may be time to put an end to the thread.   Many points have been made on both sides and I doubt anyone's mind has been changed, nor will they.

Very pleased to see that it was kept (pretty much) civil.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

south park beat a dead horse GIF

• Like 1

I agree. but I will leave one last link from my side.  The craziness around all of this: https://www.theepochtimes.com/ohio-judge-orders-hospital-to-treat-ventilated-covid-19-patient-with-ivermectin_3972447.html?utm_source=sharenewsnoe. Nuts, I work in a big Law Firm and to have to sue to get treatment even when prescribed?  Just Wow.  

@bpate4home  posted a link where a patient's wife sued to treat her intubated husband, Jeffrey Smith,  with Ivermectin. 

This is absolutely true.

The Hospital said no, because it is not in their protocol, specifically against the CDC protocol,  and specifically against the WHO protocol. (I'm not even going to bother to post all the links on this because they will never be read by those who need to read them.)  The guy effectively made a "DYING DECLARATION" to his wife, which is admissible in court.  (For you law types, look up what a Dying Declaration can do for you.) The Judge, acting upon a DYING DECLARATION had nothing to lose and chose to order the hospital to treat the guy with Ivermectin.  The Hospital, that also now had nothing to loose since the Judge just ordered them to treat the intubated guy with Ivermectin, then did so. The guy will die shortly.  We will all see it.  And, the point of the matter is, that it could have been completely prevented if the guy would just have accepted a Covid Vaccination.

Edited by Du-Rron
  • Like 1

Thanks you all for all your input. I will leave this thread available to be read yet for sometime.

Thanks also to the large attempt to keep things as informal and civil as possible. I think we all learned a bit more about each other, and maybe even a bit more about the world we live in.