IGNORED

Why Wear A Mask

saddlebum

1 hour ago, Argo said:

saddlebum,

All deaths are a tragic no matter the cause.

I believe the point that is trying to be made is the extent that the "measures" that have been and are currently being made mandatory for entire populations are well out of proportion to the actual death rates when compared to other viruses etc.

This is what causes people to question the reasons that these actions are taking place. I for one see far too many things that are coming to light after the fact that make me question the true motives of those "in charge". For me it goes much farther back than 2019.

Argo

I get all that, I also agree vaccines are not the perfect answer neither are masks or distancing but each one hopefully adds an additional layer of protection. Is it 100% ? Of course not. but what would the outcome be if we did nothing at all. If we don't do anything and just stand back and say this too shall pass, What if it doesn't ? Should we not at least make an effort to do what we can to curb this thing. Governments are flawed and so are scientists at times ( the word OOPS comes to mind ). If we cannot trust them with all their faults to get us through this who do we trust. The internet educated person, the one who listens to whispers or gossip the one who draws their own conclusions and proceeds to educate the world with home grown theories ? Maybe some of them are right I don't know. but so far as I can see every little added layer seems to be helping. Back in the beginning when nothing or very little was done the numbers were spreading like an out of control bush fire now at least things are getting a little closer to becoming some what manageable. for how long or until the next variant, who knows but I do believe efforts need to be made. why should we care how it compares to other illness's. An illness is an illness big or small and defeating it should be our common goal.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

@Argo, no.  The "live" unvaccinated Covid folks are clogging up the hospital in San Angelo, and the "dead" unvaccinated Covid folks I fear will be clogging up the morgues here, like they did last year in Austin & Houston (How soon folks forget refrigeration trucks full of body bags).  God forbid I should get into a motorcycle wreck as there will be no room in the Shannon Hospital for me either.

What really kind of chaps my ass is that none of you have offered ANY sympathy at all!!

"Gee Du-Rron, sure am sorry it is tough down in San Angelo."  Would have been nice.

Edited by Du-Rron

2 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Ok so let me get this straight ;

1. we have 38,00,000 with the flu so adding another 38,900,000 covid cases is ok even though we now have 76,900,000 sick people
  2. We have 22,000 flu deaths so adding another 637,280 covid deaths is ok
  3. of the 22,000 flu deaths how many had no underlying issue versus 38,255 covid deaths with no underlying issues

I fail to understand how these flu statistics justify accepting covid numbers as acceptable losses. It  only increases the number of sick people overall. Keep in mind covid does not displace other illnesses, it adds to the total number of sick people adding to the burden of our health providers. who in many cases due to either bureaucracy or cost cuts are already overworked.

Also, I was not making a point of statistics but trying to point out that percentages are relative to the gross number involved 6% off 100 is only 6 but 6% 0f 1,000,000 is 60,000. Therefore using percentages to make a point or comparison, is mute at best. You could say 10% of regular flu victims die while only 5% of covid victims die but if you only have 100 flu victims at 10% that is only 10 people but if you have 1000 covid victims even 5% that is still 50 people.

Your numbers are not accurate but part of the “hype” to keep the fear factor high.

This is about control not about dealing with a man made illness.  We already know factually that hospitals and Dr’s are being pressured to make a covid diagnosis. The pressure is so great that if I myself were to go play on a highway and get hit by a semi and become decapitated so that there is ZERO question as to the “cause of death”, and they test me POST MORTEM and find covid antibodies then my “cause of death” would be listed as “covid related”. The obsurdity of such a practice is nothing less than deceptive. It is dishonest and it’s only public purpose is to keep the fear factor high.

https://freedomwire.com/cdc-new-death-stats/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Du-Rron said:

@Argo, no.  The "live" unvaccinated Covid folks are clogging up the hospital in San Angelo, and the "dead" unvaccinated Covid folks I fear will be clogging up the morgues here, like they did last year in Austin & Houston (How soon folks forget refrigeration trucks full of body bags).  God forbid I should get into a motorcycle wreck as there will be no room in the Shannon Hospital for me either.

What really kind of chaps my ass is that none of you have offered ANY sympathy at all!!

"Gee Du-Rron, sure am sorry it is tough down in San Angelo."  Would have been nice.

Just because it hasn’t been said does not mean it’s not there. The fact is the issue has been and needs to be approached without emotion and dispassionately.  Emotions thrown in always tend to cause people to make decisions based on the emotion and not reason or logic.

And before you say anything else, yes my step father is in the hospital with covid. My mom had it 3 months ago and recovered at age 77. My step father is 69 and otherwise healthy except being overweight. He was on a ventilator for 6 days and they took him off yesterday.  He’s doing well.

I mention this only because I DO feel, but feelings don’t rule over my decisions or actions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChiefGunner said:

Your numbers are not accurate but part of the “hype” to keep the fear factor high.

This is about control not about dealing with a man made illness.  We already know factually that hospitals and Dr’s are being pressured to make a covid diagnosis. The pressure is so great that if I myself were to go play on a highway and get hit by a semi and become decapitated so that there is ZERO question as to the “cause of death”, and they test me POST MORTEM and find covid antibodies then my “cause of death” would be listed as “covid related”. The obsurdity of such a practice is nothing less than deceptive. It is dishonest and it’s only public purpose is to keep the fear factor high.

https://freedomwire.com/cdc-new-death-stats/

My numbers are based on the latest post numbers by who. However it is not about the numbers that I am trying to make a point it is about the deception of using percentage to make comparisons. The guy laying on deaths door could not care less were he fits into the percentage table only that he is one of many who may not se tomorrow. The point I was trying to make is simply if that person was only 0.1% that does not change the fact that that 0.1% could still be in the hundreds or even the millions depending on the number it is a percentage of. In other words it can be very misleading. Would you rather loose 10% of a dollar or 1% of a million dollars.

1 minute ago, saddlebum said:

My numbers are based on the latest post numbers by who. However it is not about the numbers that I am trying to make a point it is about the deception of using percentage to make comparisons. The guy laying on deaths door could not care less were he fits into the percentage table only that he is one of many who may not se tomorrow. The point I was trying to make is simply if that person was only 0.1% that does not change the fact that that 0.1% could still be in the hundreds or even the millions depending on the number it is a percentage of. In other words it can be very misleading. Would you rather loose 10% of a dollar or 1% of a million dollars.

Understand your point and empathize with it. Where is the same passion for the millions who have died annually from obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, flu, drugs, suicide, car accidents, abortion?  Are they unworthy of your sympathies?  Do they not merit concern?  If so, what shall be done for them?

Do we not sell certain foods to fat people? Or maybe have a card to prove you don’t have diabetes before ordering a piece of pie?  How about permanent license revocation for 1 DUI? Have govt exercise cards to prove you are reducing the risk of heart disease? Shall we lock down & mask up every flu & pneumonia season?

Where does it end?  

• Like 1

As of 08-28-21.  I doubt anyone will read through or click the link below.

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late. A few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

DR. BRYTNEY COBIA

https://www.kxan.com/news/national-news/should-i-feel-empathy-for-vaccine-refusers-who-get-covid-19/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Du-Rron said:

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late. A few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

DR. BRYTNEY COBIA

https://www.kxan.com/news/national-news/should-i-feel-empathy-for-vaccine-refusers-who-get-covid-19/

Clicked on it and read through about 1/2 of it.  I got the gist....

Your post makes me realize you've missed the point of several of the other posts.

• Like 1

@uncledj said, "  Clicked on it and read through about 1/2 of it.  I got the gist.... 

Your post makes me realize you've missed the point of several of the other posts"   

I'll take the bait.  I'll bite.                         Care to enlighten me on which points I have missed out on? 

I have read those other posts, fully understand them, have refuted their inaccurate contents, have refuted the contents some poster thought their own posts said (but didn't), posted informative information that may help a person go get a Vaccination, and then posted events unchallengeable by anybody, using events from MY OWN CITY. I don't really care to split hairs about the 4% of the 16% of the 86.4% of the 7 people that this or the other happened to upon getting a Covid Vaccination.   The Covid Vaccination works, and you should get one period, right now, voluntarily. I can tell you this, everyone in the Shannon Hospital now is not Cherry Picking their treatments. They want whatever the doctors can shove into them as fast as possible. San Angelo is in a bad situation (as is the rest of Texas).

I started out saying I cant change folks mind on an internet medium.  I am not surprised where this conversation is right now.

@ChiefGunner mentioned Obesity, Drug Use, Heart Disease, Cancer, and some other things and asked where is my compassion for those folks.

I cannot catch any of those items from those folks, and they are not, have not, and will forseeably not, be clogging up my home town hospital with their suffering and making those around them suffer needlessly as well because they will not take a voluntary step on their own.  (Yes we have cancer patients, heart patients all the usual stuff, but they do not exceed the capacity of the Hospital thereby preventing treatment for other ailness, like motorcycle wrecks, etc.) 

In my compassion, if I could prevent,   PREVENT  , suffering in those people from Drug Use, Heart Disease, Cancer, Obesity, etc by a simple, free, safe, proven vaccination for these items, then I WOULD SURELY ADVOCATE HEAVILY TO THEM TO GET THE VACCINATION for those items.

• Like 1

The point(s) I was thinking of were that the mask Nazis use emotion, demonization to manipulate.   They are prone to embellish, or misinform, while screaming that those they disagree with are putting out misinformation....They like to imply or directly accuse those who resist the mask or jab of being outright stupid,....which is absolutely not the case.

We simply have reviewed the info and choose to decide for ourselves.   We choose what to allow into our bodies and what risk level to accept, whether that risk is of contracting covid, or dealing with the spike protein effects of this non-vaccine vaccine.

For what it's worth, just found out close friends (Considered family) have all contracted covid, and one of them is 83 with stage 3 lung cancer.   The whole family has fully embraced the covid scare from the start....masks...vaccines....hand sanitizer....not getting out much...disinfect the house daily.

Wife and I have been staying away out of respect for their concerns.

(Edit)

Wife just spoke with the 83 year old (considers herself our second mother) and she seems to be doing well...all considered.   Says symptoms were cold like and she'll be out of quarantine in a few days.   

Edited by uncledj
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Du-Rron said:

DR. BRYTNEY COBIA

I read the whole article and I only draw on my own experience. Everyone I know from work (nationwide company) and personal friends who have been infected over the last several months have already been vaccinated except 2.  I know of 26, with 1 dead (vaccinated) and 1 just the opposite of your argument as they had the vaccine and are having extreme side effects. She passed a comment to her boss that she wished she hadn't take it. Again both are the extremes  There are going to be people on both sides of the extreme. Sad but true. As stated above there are fear mongers on both sides of this that are just insane. This Dr. Cobia is one of those people, if she even exists, from what I'm reading several people have searched for her and cannot find her. Dr. Brytney Cobia Does Not Exist. Prove Me Wrong. | claire (gab.com)  Whether this Dr. exists really doesn't matter to me as there are many references from both sides of people, researches Drs. etc, that no one can find.  

Many valid researchers and Drs. are just plain being censored by big tech. Like this guy - Dr. Destroys the Entire COVID Narrative | Warren (gab.com) and many others that agree with him. No he has not treated hundreds or thousands of COVID patients but others like him have and they are being censored and blocked also. Even the Microbiologist I personally know was shut down for dissenting against Fauchi. You have to ask why are all these well educated Drs and Scientists being shut down? That answer is really the scary one. 

One last note: I'm not sure who said it above about taking animal medicine. You vaulted RNA vaccine and other regular COVID vaccines have been used in cattle and sheep for a very long time - at least a decade. The RNA vaccine base has been used with test with dogs before SARS-COV-2. Another article Bovine Coronavirus and the Associated Diseases (nih.gov) I don't understand some of this and I'll bet the majority in this thread don't understand it. My point, Nearly all medicines you take today are available in animal doses. That includes essentially the little blue pill 😉 that some here might use is used for breeding in its animal dose or format.   

11 hours ago, ChiefGunner said:

Understand your point and empathize with it. Where is the same passion for the millions who have died annually from obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, flu, drugs, suicide, car accidents, abortion?  Are they unworthy of your sympathies?  Do they not merit concern?  If so, what shall be done for them?

Do we not sell certain foods to fat people? Or maybe have a card to prove you don’t have diabetes before ordering a piece of pie?  How about permanent license revocation for 1 DUI? Have govt exercise cards to prove you are reducing the risk of heart disease? Shall we lock down & mask up every flu & pneumonia season?

Where does it end?  

Of course the compassion and sympathy for the millions who have died annually from obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, flu, drugs, suicide, car accidents, abortion  etc etc  is and always has been there. Billions have been spent on research,, drugs treatments and whatever else to try to resolve these issues in attempts to improve the quality of life or cure these people suffering from these afflictions  And yet no one is screaming conspiracy theory or squawking about the huge profits corporations  make, selling cold and flu remedies, or weight loss cures. But enter covid a sickness readily spread and to a varying degree deadly we have people screaming conspiracy and everything else. These other illness's  just have not come up for debate,, mostly because none with the exception of the flu or a cold in this group can infect another. A diabetic can not  give diabetes to another person and so on. These same people also suffer because of covid because much of the resources that could go towards helping these people is diverted to fighting covid, which is not a sickness you can just say sorry Mr covid we can,t deal with you now because we are still dealing with stuff that came before you. With a bit of cooperation and a bit of community group effort from everyone we stand a better chance of defeating covid so that we can all go back to helping those that are now being sidelined because of covid.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

@bpate4home says Dr. Brytney Cobia does not exist, prove me wrong.

Well, OK then.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3326005/who-is-alabama-doctor-brytney-cobia/

https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-brytney-cobia-xylf9ty

https://health.usnews.com/doctors/brytney-cobia-1856965

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorry-but-its-too-late-alabama-doctor-on-treating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

@bpate4home says this ONE Dr. Destroyed the ENTIRE narrative against Covid and mask wearing. Any other viewpoints are suspiciously being Censored.

https://hancockcountypatriots.blogspot.com/2021/08/dr-dan-stocks-presentation-to-mt-vernon.html

https://health.usnews.com/doctors/daniel-stock-479689

Really, the Covid Virus is world-wide.  Folks in Scotland have never heard of this guy.  Folks in Canada have never heard of this guy, AND WHY? Because the USA government, that is so lousy at everything else, is managing to cover up all the dissenting Dr.s with opposing information on a world-wide basis.  You really cant believe this can you?  Really??? 

I just showed you a video of 8 local Dr's right here in my home town that are so far removed from government control down here in Texas and being over run with Covid patients that they would laugh this guy out of the building. 

@bpate4home says that in this super technical article they give bovine strength VACCINES (not de-wormer) for the purpose of Vaccinating Animals.  To which I heartily agree.  The article says the best method to contain the virus is to VACCINATE them BEFORE they are shipped to auctions or feedlots (so they dont infect others).  How about that?  Here is a screen print of your article.

vacscows.jpg

@saddlebum..I see report on air quality ..A company had many Covid cases and most everyone was doing their part in prevention but cases were still on the rise.. ...What they found was Covid droplets  were found in the air makeup system and were circulating in the building heating and air conditioning system  ...They shut down all company functions and everyone had to get out ...They brought in and installed a new ventilation system and special filters .They did retest on air quality and found a  big improvement ..They did a live tour with a camera  crew and showed the changes they made ... Many large buildings have a poor air makeup system and it is high time this gets looked into 

Edited by larrydr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, larrydr said:

@saddlebum..I see report on air quality ..A company had many Covid cases and most everyone was doing their part in prevention but cases were still on the rise.. ...What they found was Covid droplets  were found in the air makeup system and were circulating in the building heating and air conditioning system  ...They shut down all company functions and everyone had to get out ...They brought in and installed a new ventilation system and special filters .They did retest on air quality and found a  big improvement ..They did a live tour with a camera  crew and showed the changes they made ... Many large buildings have a poor air makeup system and it is high time this gets looked into 

Early on when covid broke out there was a case in were a board meeting had taken place. It turned out one of the attendees had covid and as a result other attendees  contracted it. The interesting thing here was an air vent in the wall at one end of the room.  those who sat down wind from the infected attendee caught covid but those who sat upwind between the sick person and the vent did not

• Like 1

7 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Early on when covid broke out there was a case in were a board meeting had taken place. It turned out one of the attendees had covid and as a result other attendees  contracted it. The interesting thing here was an air vent in the wall at one end of the room.  those who sat down wind from the infected attendee caught covid but those who sat upwind between the sick person and the vent did not

That is pretty interesting. Early on the reports were that 6' social distancing should be enough to keep people from getting infected. That's still one of the battle cries to defend against infection. I wonder where the intake was and whether or not the individual in the room was the actual case 0 for that scenario. Could the infected individual even been in another room to have it travel via an air duct. 

1 hour ago, bpate4home said:

That is pretty interesting. Early on the reports were that 6' social distancing should be enough to keep people from getting infected. That's still one of the battle cries to defend against infection. I wonder where the intake was and whether or not the individual in the room was the actual case 0 for that scenario. Could the infected individual even been in another room to have it travel via an air duct. 

The vent was in the wall ceiling height at one end of the board table so those at the far end from the vent got it while those at the end near the vent did not. The infected person was apparently sitting somewhere midway along the board table.

I am a big time pretty constant whistler and quite often whistle without being aware that I am doing it. There have been a few occasions were  I have been asked not to whistle by individuals who fear that if I were symptomatic that my whistling might spread the virus should I unknowingly be infected. Whether or not there is any truth to this I do not know, and though I was pretty sure I had no virus to share. I guess I could have dug my heels in and stated there is no proof of that plus it is my personal right to whistle if I want but instead  out of respect for their concerns, I no longer whistle accept when I am alone. The way I saw it, it was no skin off my nose, to refrain from whistling while at the same time it put the other  persons at ease and avoided a go nowhere conflict, at the same time.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, saddlebum said:

The vent was in the wall ceiling height at one end of the board table so those at the far end from the vent got it while those at the end near the vent did not. The infected person was apparently sitting somewhere midway along the board table.

I am a big time pretty constant whistler and quite often whistle without being aware that I am doing it. There have been a few occasions were  I have been asked not to whistle by individuals who fear that if I were symptomatic that my whistling might spread the virus should I unknowingly be infected. Whether or not there is any truth to this I do not know, and though I was pretty sure I had no virus to share. I guess I could have dug my heels in and stated there is no proof of that plus it is my personal right to whistle if I want but instead  out of respect for their concerns, I no longer whistle accept when I am alone. The way I saw it, it was no skin off my nose, to refrain from whistling while at the same time it put the other  persons at ease and avoided a go nowhere conflict, at the same time.

do you spit when you whistle?  Are you a good whistler?  That may play into the request too ;-O

@uncledj says, "The point(s) I was thinking of were that the mask Nazis use emotion, demonization to manipulate."

Mysterious words bordering on accusation. I have done none of the above of which you imply.

@uncledj says, "They are prone to embellish, or misinform, while screaming that those they disagree with are putting out misinformation...."

Again more mysterious words bordering on accusation without forthright doing it.  BTW, the ones so far that are mis-informing everyone, are the ones that have presented their "proof" to me, and I have dispelled that mis-information.

@uncledj  says, "They like to imply or directly accuse those who resist the mask or jab of being outright stupid,....which is absolutely not the case."

Again, more round-about general accusation. I have pointed out errors in some posters own documents and presented mine in addition.  I have accused not a single person, by general accusation or inuendo as a group, or by directly stating to any person that they are stupid. Period.

@uncledj says, "We simply have reviewed the info and choose to decide for ourselves."

And therein is my concern, because I don’t feel, given the arguments I have been given here, with the documentation provided by opposing posters of the Covid Vaccination, that any serious review of the Vaccination data...has happened at all. I feel if you were in San Angelo, and had given the data any serious accredited medical peer review, at all, that you may not feel the way you do. I feel if you gave the data any review at all from balanced sources you would voluntarily CHOOSE to get a Covid Vaccination.

@uncledj says, "We choose what to allow into our bodies and what risk level to accept, whether that risk is of contracting covid, or dealing with the spike protein effects of this non-vaccine vaccine."

Okey dokey.  But you still have not pointed out any points that I have previously missed in conversation with anybody.  In closing, VENTURERIDER.ORG I bet is a more well seasoned group than most.  Why have you folks that have chosen to not get a Covid vaccine, have no problem with any other vaccine, like Shingles? The Covid Vaccine has been given over FIVE-BILLION times around the World (and counting) and carries extremely minimal risks for the benefit it provides to yourself and others.  Since it is FREE it is the lowest cost insurance with the greatest payoff.

At least I will get to watch some Football

Glad to hear your 2nd Mom is doing better. 

Please go get a covid vaccination for you and others.  Thank You.

NFL.jpg

nfl2.jpg

Edited by Du-Rron
  • Like 1

I apologize if you think any comments were against you.   The points that were missed comment was intended for Saddlebum, who posted a link to an article that implied that no empathy should be given to those who chose not to get the vaccine.   It told of people who refused that were on their deathbed begging their children to get the vaccine.

THAT is an attempt to evoke an emotional response rather than a re-hash of what either side considers the dubious and challenged "facts".

My point was that emotion and rebuke should not be used to make an argument, and that's exactly what was done by posting a link to that article.

Tryin' to read through your response point by point....(Although I have dinner in the oven....I make a killer meatloaf.)  

recipes cooking GIF

I think it covers a few points to say that I'd never accused you of anything, but rather the MSM that pushes masks and vaccine...

As far as review goes...I HAVE reviewed it quite a bit.   I make decisions for myself as well as my ward...my Autistic Brother....and I take such decisions very seriously.  I ask my brother Jeff if he wants the vaccine and he says I would know better than him.   Since he doesn't get out into the world much I don't believe I'm going to push it on him.   He basically lives in his own apartment here on my property in rural Ohio.

You seem to rely heavily on your experience at San Angelo, ...but your experience has not been mine.   I know several people who've had covid...I believe my wife and I have had it but haven't been tested.   Mild flu with loss of taste / smell last Winter.   The folks I know who've had it....or at least are aware that they've had it have mostly had very mild symptoms...one had severe flu symptoms and one landed in the hospital, but has recovered.  (Was a heavy smoker)

THAT is my experience with covid.   That, combined with the info I've gleaned from several sources from both sides of the issue tell me that the whole covid thing has been WAAAAYYY overblown.   We can speculate as to why, but that's probably a thread of it's own, and would undoubtedly turn political, so it's best left alone.

I truly wish you well...and if it turns out I'm wrong about all this I'll truly be happy that so many were right and the world will go on.

I'm just tryin' to think for myself, with what little ammo I have.

Be well.

Edited by uncledj

8 hours ago, bpate4home said:

do you spit when you whistle?  Are you a good whistler?  That may play into the request too ;-O

I have been told I am  a pretty good whistler even  by total strangers in passing. However I do not know if I spit when I whistle as I try not to whistle into the wind.

• Haha 1