IGNORED

Why Wear A Mask

saddlebum

Probably because both the CDC and WHO released documentation in May of 2020 stating healthy people should 'not' wear a mask. There are equal amounts of research on both sides of this and I personally know a microbiologist who was shut down and threatened that he would lose his grants if he did not fall in line. This guy was on the front line of AIDS when it first came out and helped develop some of the meds used today. I think he qualifies as an expert in this area of Science. Remember that SCIENCE it supposed to be objective. What the CDC, WHO and other government Bureaucracies are doing is not based on SCIENCE. It is based on fear and control with THEORIES that fit the agenda.

OK leaders I'm ready for my time out. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Can't seem to grasp it yet, can you say it again another way?, Maybe more pictures, or a video would be good.

I could demonstrate in person if you provide enough beer but then at the end of the demo I would have to drive all the way home with wet pants.

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2021 at 9:52 AM, saddlebum said:

20210821_094607.thumb.jpg.42588473240e62ed89fdf2448aac308b.jpg

“Peeing” analogy is not accurate by any metric.

This one is accurate:

Your shorts and trousers do not stop a fart from spreading at all. And yet a scent molecule is far far larger than a virus.

Its like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence. Now THAT is real smart.

AED18FF5-F1B4-4E09-8014-10A027A48C7E.jpeg

Edited by ChiefGunner
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChiefGunner said:

“Peeing” analogy is not accurate by any metric.

This one is accurate:

Your shorts and trousers do not stop a fart from spreading at all. And yet a scent molecule is far far larger than a virus.

Its like trying to atop a mosquito with a chain link fence. Now THAT is real smart.

AED18FF5-F1B4-4E09-8014-10A027A48C7E.jpeg

The mask stops the droplets / moisture vapor that carry the virus. Farts are usually dry not found in droplets, unless its a wet fart in which case (A) Oooo Boy and (B) wet farts do not generally pass through Fabric, just make you walk funny. 🥵

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 1

I see some truth and some 'interesting' facts coming out here,,, don't know how this is MC related but I suppose that could be somehow manipulated as well. Either way, I also find that it's becoming somewhat comical and staying away from a banned area. Like I said, watching!!

18 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

I see some truth and some 'interesting' facts coming out here,,, don't know how this is MC related but I suppose that could be somehow manipulated as well. Either way, I also find that it's becoming somewhat comical and staying away from a banned area. Like I said, watching!!

Illustration Of A Cartoon Comic Male Eye Watching And Staring.. Royalty  Free Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock Illustration. Image 133426283.

I don’t look at wearing mask as being a political thing.  Not all courageous people live through the cause to see another Day. I wore masks at work too keep from getting emphysema.  I was dumb founded by the people who wouldn’t wear them.  A lot of them retired with lung problems.  Your personal health is your responsibility it’s not a peer pressure thing!!!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WildBill1 said:

I don’t look at wearing mask as being a political thing.   Your personal health is your responsibility it’s not a peer pressure thing!!!

I agree, but then the question is, if masks help, and you don't wear a a mask, and you get sick or others do, who pays for it?? It's always about the money.

1 hour ago, SpencerPJ said:

I agree, but then the question is, if masks help, and you don't wear a a mask, and you get sick or others do, who pays for it?? It's always about the money.

I don't know about that, wearing or not wearing a mask has not changed my financial situation at all. I am just as broke as I ever was.

• Haha 1

Since the beginning of 2020 I've been in more hospitals than in my previous 54 years on the planet combined. None for me and none related to COVID other than some BS stuff when our future Daughter In Law passed away in May of 2020. I've talked to at least 75-100 nurses, Drs. and administrators. They too are equally split on this, not quite 50-50 but pretty close. The exception are the administrators. They want the masks to mitigate financial risk and some want more COVID positive patients because they get $$$$. The $$$$ part was stated by 3 separate admins. It's a shame but it is my personal experience.  Also, every single facility had the below sign hanging all over. Notice rows 2 and 3 and more specifically row 2. The fact they state that a healthy person wearing a mask is still at a high risk of infection says a lot about the effectiveness of a mask. The microbiologist I mentioned above said scenario 3 and 4 are virtually the same risk with very minimal difference in the risk of a healthy person becoming infected. 

723160025_MaskChartfromHospitals.thumb.jpg.6001ee20b6322abdef8c7ebb7214ca0d.jpg

• Like 1

Another thing to think about: The Virus COVID19/SARS-COV-2 is a respiratory virus. Every Scientist confirms this from both sides of the mask isle. There is a split on the vaccine too. Again not quite 50-50 but close. The media and the Bureaucracies of the CDC and WHO are pushing the Vaccine to eliminate this Virus. On the other side Science says that you cannot make a respiratory virus go away through vaccination as you would say small pox or the mumps. If you need proof of this look at the common cold and more specifically influenza.  They have been vaccinating like crazy for influenza for ~60 years, since roughly 1960. does influenza still exists and kill 80k-120k annually in the US alone? Respiratory Virus' mutate in the wild, it is their nature. They saddest part of all of this craziness is that this Virus is man made. 

• Like 5

We will never get everyone to agree on this topic.  I wear a mask mostly to relax those that I am around, especially around the vulnerable population that I volunteer around..  If I have it, I hope to reduce spreading it. It simply seems to be the least selfish thing to do.  I have my vax, and still certainly try to keep a decent distance from others, especially if they do not have a mask on. I want the crap as much as I want the cold or flu. I do believe the masks help, it certainly will reduce someone's loose liquid projectiles, we all know what I mean. I just want this to go away, but I certainly feel a whole lot more of the herd is going to be thinned out first.  I personally don't think the masks are political, I see both sides not wanting to wear the mask or get the vax for different reasons, personally none of which I agree. That said, it's a nice morning, supposed to get hot today, and I'm going riding, ... mask free, lol.

• Like 2

And there in sits the confusion. When the experts cannot agree how is the average person with an average or less education to fully grasp the situation. Yet millions on both sides of the discussion profess to know it all. For myself though I do not know the exact nature or all the true facts of this virus which I am sure can be said about most of us, I do feel that masking and vaccines have made a difference in curbing the spread of this Virus. Will it end it? possibly not but taking steps in an attempt to limit the spread and devastation of this virus certainly cannot hurt. We all know that the numbers at one point went to frightening levels in some areas and yet some hospitals that prepared for the worst did not see the numbers they prepared for. However just because some areas did not reach epic numbers does not IMHO mean we should throw caution to the wind. It seems every time the numbers go down and we relax in our precautions the numbers start to rise again. That in itself must say something. Like the cold or flu it may never go away and true even though vaccines for the flu are only effective against the flavor of the day and need to be revised for each new flu variant they do seem to help reduce the spread. As well  you would not want someone with the flu or a cold coughing in your face whether you feel you are immune or not and when we know our kids friends have the flu or a cold we tend to keep our kids away until those kids are over what ever it is that ails them, So why are we so resistant to taking whatever steps we can to limit the spread of covid. for these reasons I personally believe wearing a mask is a good safety precaution and a good consideration to those around you in case you unknowingly are afflicted. Am I totally sold on the vaccine and whether or not it is the right choice? I have questions, But I do believe it is still the lessor of two evils and may not be the perfect cure but may buy us time until we do find the perfect cure.

This is just my humble opinion and certainly  not meant to start a political debate. But if the monitors see fit to remove I fully understand.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saddlebum said:

And there in sits the confusion. When the experts cannot agree how is the average person with an average or less education to fully grasp the situation. Yet millions on both sides of the discussion profess to know it all. For myself though I do not know the exact nature or all the true facts of this virus which I am sure can be said about most of us, I do feel that masking and vaccines have made a difference in curbing the spread of this Virus. Will it end it? possibly not but taking steps in an attempt to limit the spread and devastation of this virus certainly cannot hurt. We all know that the numbers at one point went to frightening levels in some areas and yet some hospitals that prepared for the worst did not see the numbers they prepared for. However just because some areas did not reach epic numbers does not IMHO mean we should throw caution to the wind. It seems every time the numbers go down and we relax in our precautions the numbers start to rise again. That in itself must say something. Like the cold or flu it may never go away and true even though vaccines for the flu are only effective against the flavor of the day and need to be revised for each new flu variant they do seem to help reduce the spread. As well  you would not want someone with the flu or a cold coughing in your face whether you feel you are immune or not and when we know our kids friends have the flu or a cold we tend to keep our kids away until those kids are over what ever it is that ails them, So why are we so resistant to taking whatever steps we can to limit the spread of covid. for these reasons I personally believe wearing a mask is a good safety precaution and a good consideration to those around you in case you unknowingly are afflicted. Am I totally sold on the vaccine and whether or not it is the right choice? I have questions, But I do believe it is still the lessor of two evils and may not be the perfect cure but may buy us time until we do find the perfect cure.

This is just my humble opinion and certainly  not meant to start a political debate. But if the monitors see fit to remove I fully understand.

Sounds like you put some thought into this, but it was kind of short and to the point.

So far I do not regret leaving this thread live. Maybe as we share we can all learn something.

Thanks guys for the 'conversation(s)'

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saddlebum said:

And there lies the entirety of the drag: "For myself".  There are WAY too many trying to take that choice away.

I have to say I have great genes because you can count on one hand how many days of work I've missed due to illness in my entire adult life. Even fewer visits to a Dr. Are there times where I felt a little off - sure. Three of the times that I was out for illness and not injury was within a week of taking a Flu vaccine.  Never again will I take one. I do have allergies, year round I have itchy eyes and a runny nose. If I follow the incredibly generic symptoms of COVID19 I would never see anyone again because they are the same symptoms. BTW: Losing smell or taste doesn't apply to me either. I never could smell and unless food is heavily seasoned it tastes bland to me. Stunk, literally I guess, I had to wash the dogs whenever they go sprayed by a skunk.  My dad was the same way, come to think of it I never remember him being sick until he was in his late 60's and retired.

3 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Perfect TicToc.  back to the money thing. If the girl chooses to not get vaccine, and gets bad case of covid, goes to hospital, who should pay for this? I'm tired of my premiums going up for others poor choices.  I am 100% cool with this scenario with the condition, don't use our resources, doctors and beds because you are too stubborn to get a simple shot that will help.  Great part is it's free, I simply don't get it. ✌️ 

• Like 1

Perfect TicToc.  back to the money thing. If the girl chooses to not get vaccine, and gets bad case of covid, goes to hospital, who should pay for this? I'm tired of my premiums going up for others poor choices.  I am 100% cool with this scenario with the condition, don't use our resources, doctors and beds because you are too stubborn to get a simple shot that will help.  Great part is it's free, I simply don't get it. ✌️ 

There's two sides to that coin.  If someone gets the jab and has complications...side effects...or possibly life changing results or even death....who pays for that?     Especially if they've already had covid and have the anti bodies in their system that are statistically much more effective than the "vaccine"...   

• Like 4

My part is free? I pay my medical at what I consider to be extortionist rates already. Here's the kicker, I only use it when absolutely needed. To use your analogy - why should I pay for someone to run to the ER every time they or their kids sneeze? Also, The Vaccine isn't free. I hope no one really believes that big Pharma is producing these Vaccines out of the kindness of their hearts. Our Tax dollars are paying for it and they are raking in Billions in profits. BTW Hospitals get paid f0r every COVID Patient - see my comments above. They charge my insurance company over $75,000 for my wife to have a partial hysterectomy and 1 overnight stay. They are doing this for Free. NOTHING in life is free, someone is paying for it. 

• Like 4