IGNORED

First time trailering!

Candyman867

Hey everyone! I have an amazing 2000 Royal Star Venture, love the bike. Going on a trip "tail of the dragon" about 10 hour drive to get there! I have never tried this bike in a trailer, PLEASE HELP!! I have a good solid trailer with the wheel chock, need to know where to put my straps, do I let air out of the suspension... etc! Any help would be appreciated. Pictures of bike, trailer and tow vehicle included 

20210803_131851.jpg

20210816_114301.jpg

20210804_112420.jpg

This is the ONLY way to tied your bike down! (Notice that, purely coincidentally it's an RSTD in the video!)

You don't have to use the "Tank Straps". They are fantastic, but any quality heavy duty ratchet strap will work.

It's the method/tie down point that is key. This method does not compress your supension and allows the bike to float as it would when ridden. No need to adjust your air ride pressure or any other adjustments.

I have used this method many times with great success.

DO NOT TARP YOUR TRAILERED RSV!  It will destroy your paint.

Edited by luvmy40
typo

17 minutes ago, Motorcycle Mike said:

I agree with the straps in front.

On the rear however, I put 2 straps around the rear wheel, one  pulling left and one pulling right and both pulling slightly to the rear.

As long as the straps are on the wheel and not compressing the rear suspension. I've done that as well if there might be rough roads on the trip.

Edited by luvmy40

4 hours ago, Motorcycle Mike said:

I agree with the straps in front.

On the rear however, I put 2 straps around the rear wheel, one  pulling left and one pulling right and both pulling slightly to the rear.

I agree, The way the chap did it in the video left me thinking the wheel could still slide side to side within the confines of the strap.