IGNORED

What to do after you decide to quit riding motorcycles?

M61A1MECH

Some of you may have followed my effort to sell my Goldwing, after it sold I wondered what I would do to fill the void , well about a month ago I figured it out and went and bought this, just spent the whole day washing , clay baring and waxing it. Certainly gave me something to do and it is fun to drive. 

I am sticking around monitoring the forums, hoping I can still be of help from time to time.

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

• Like 12

I hate to think about it! If I couldn't do 2 wheels, I'd certainly go to 3. My 1st love before bikes, are vintage muscle cars, I just can't afford one right now. I definitely like your new toy and would do something like that in a heartbeat, enjoy your new ride 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Squidley said:

I hate to think about it! If I couldn't do 2 wheels, I'd certainly go to 3. My 1st love before bikes, are vintage muscle cars, I just can't afford one right now. I definitely like your new toy and would do something like that in a heartbeat, enjoy your new ride 👍

Something like this?

1956 Monarch.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, circa1968 said:

Even after two days of 100+ degree riding through NV & UT, I still don’t even want to contemplate the answer to that question.  

But…if she is blond & in her mid twenties, that would be almost as much fun as my Venture. 😂

Maybe so but she'll never be as smooth as a Venture going triple digits 😉 besides I can't afford 2 of those women things we can't live without. Or should I say I wouldn't survive 2 of them. LOL

• Haha 2

Sorry you had to give it up Steve. But that should be a good distraction. Had a 76 back a bunch of years ago. I had to give up my stock car and have gravitated more to sim racing. It sure is cheaper. Dont know about yours being cheaper. LOL Is that the regular V8 or the flat 8. Those sound freaky.

10 hours ago, djh3 said:

Sorry you had to give it up Steve. But that should be a good distraction. Had a 76 back a bunch of years ago. I had to give up my stock car and have gravitated more to sim racing. It sure is cheaper. Dont know about yours being cheaper. LOL Is that the regular V8 or the flat 8. Those sound freaky.

Mine is a 2019 C7 with standard V8, the flat 8 did not get used until the C8 mid-engine Corvettes came out in 2020, and yes they have a different sound all together.

Many of us have had the desire to own a Corvette.  But, I never got around to buying one.  Back in my misspent youth in the 60's, I was plotting very hard to buy a 66 or 67 Corvette but it was not to be.  This was in 68 and the abused looking 66 with a 396 big block was available used at the dealer for about $2200.  The 67 was like new with low miles and the 350hp 327 engine, both 4 speeds of course.  The 67 was priced at $3300.  But when you are a PFC in the Army with a take home pay of $125/month they were out of reach even though I had my 65 Chevelle to trade in. It was just as well though because a few months later I got shipped to S. Korea.  The Army years were not my happiest but it was an experience that I'm very glad to have had.  The training I got, 40 weeks of school to learn my job to repair the radars and analog computer for the Nike Hercules Missile System and on site experience have been a great benefit to me the rest of my life, I matured a bunch, and got in much better shape.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Man that is a good looking piece of Bowling Green ingenuity. Saw a couple at the Bachman dealership in Louisville couple months back.. I wish Pontiac hadn't gone by the way honestly. I guess right now I will just keep my RSTD under my retired butt. Enjoy that new toy. Be sure to hang with us for a while. Have you been anywhere to find out where she tops out?  hehe

9 hours ago, ese said:

Man that is a good looking piece of Bowling Green ingenuity. Saw a couple at the Bachman dealership in Louisville couple months back.. I wish Pontiac hadn't gone by the way honestly. I guess right now I will just keep my RSTD under my retired butt. Enjoy that new toy. Be sure to hang with us for a while. Have you been anywhere to find out where she tops out?  hehe

Thanks, no I have not had a need or any real desire put my foot in it, my street racing days are way behind me, it is enough to just enjoy the machine and admire the craftsmanship. 

• Like 2

I hear ya... I had to ask tho brother.. Well like I said enjoy it. I am happy for ya. Im sure the day will come for me or maybe  try out a trike. just not yet.. God Bless you Steve in what ever your new endeavors may be..