IGNORED

The Best Touring Motorcycle No One Buys according to Jerry Palladino

Du-Rron

I have no doubt it's a great touring bike.  This is probably Yamaha's last attempt at a full dress touring bike. Yep, I wonder how well it would have sold if it had a detuned version of the 1700cc V4?  We'll never know.  During the 15 years of selling the Gen 2, I suspect it would have sold a lot better is they had upgraded it a little by eliminating the gear whine and adding fuel injection.  Those two things are the only complaints I have with my RSV. 

• Like 7

Since it was at a Harley dealership ya think it wasn't a trade in on a Harley???  Doh..' Lone Eagle traded his RSV in on a Harley..  Gorgeous bike with a ton of high end custom everything and lots of graphics.  They gave him a $4500 trade in.  Then rolled it out the back door for 2 grand.  Made me sick.  Any time that bike needed anything it was dealer maintained.  Lotta miles, but good for many many more...  For 2K Ida bought it just to look at, and knew it was mine.

Edited by Condor
  • Like 1

I agree also! Took one for test ride when at the New York Rally and didn't mind it at all  accept it was V-twin and belt drive. Handled pretty good(didn't notice extra weight). Seemed to have enough power for a tour bike. Price U.S. to Canadian was not great as they were around $26,000 U.S. and around $32,000 to $36,000Canadian.(still around this price)

Before I bought my 2012 Venture I was looking into buying a touring Harley and had a loaded Road Star and they WOULDN'T even look at it BUT their friend would GIVE me $3500 so checked and bought Venture at Yamaha and they could ONLY give me $5500 so bought it!

• Like 1

3 years ago a Ontario Harley Dealer brought 6 bikes out to our Club Rally offering anyone to take a 20 minute on any of the models they brought out  ...I chose to ride a Street Glide for the test ride ..It handled very well , good power ..I found the transmission something would have to get used to to ..   I found out why Harley riders blip the throttle when shifting ..   I still like my Yamaha and I am not about to switch 

• Like 3

Bluebeard and I got to test ride them in Daytona @ bike week a few years back. I thought it had good power, although I think I left it in "sport" mode most of the ride as we were in traffic and I wanted to be able to scoot if I needed to. In the video he talks about all his years only one RSV has showed up to his class. Guess who that was?   (Barrycuda) I think I saw one of his videos where he rode another well riding bike few bought, A Victory. But Polaris decided to spend money trying to entice nostalgic riders to Indian. The problem I see with that is A: its not even the same bike they are trying to reminisce about B: Those that rode to "old" Indians are dead or aint riding anymore. If you look at their styling from when they started up to know they have modernized the look on some of the bikes. The Yamaha does ride "hot" to be sure, but any air cooled bike is going to.

• Like 1