IGNORED

RSV Centre stand

ReinyRooster

Of all the RSVs that I am looking at trying to pick one to buy, only one has a centre stand.......don't know where he got it.

Some time ago I thought someone on this site was making and selling them........anybody making them or have a link to where you can get one?

Thanks

ReinyRooster

Edited by ReinyRooster56
signature

Yes, I used to make them from old first gen Venture stands.  I sold may a hundred or so of them but it got harder to find the stands and I stopped trying.  As stated, all measurements and instructions are listed in the tech library.  Diamond R has retired I think.  I think it was Rivco who also made them but last I heard, they weren't making them any longer.

22 hours ago, ReinyRooster said:

Of all the RSVs that I am looking at trying to pick one to buy, only one has a centre stand.......don't know where he got it.

Some time ago I thought someone on this site was making and selling them........anybody making them or have a link to where you can get one?

Thanks

ReinyRooster

Hey @ReinyRooster. I sent you a PM

There are a ton of 1st gen center stands on ebay and pretty inexpensive.  Since Freebird published his design for the adapter bracket, if there are others interested in getting some made, I would be happy to lead the charge to get a bunch of them fabricated as I would like to add one to my 2nd gen also.

• 1 month later...

Just as a quick follow-up on this, I decided not to pursue making these brackets out of an abundance of caution.  If you look underneath the RSV, there is an angled bracket welded to the frame.  This bracket is only there for mounting a fuel vapor canister that is installed on California bikes and not for carrying any sort of load.  When raising or lowering the bike on the center stand, this bracket would likely carry the weight of the bike.  Once up on the stand, the rest of the frame is carrying the load. 

My concern would be that repeated stresses on that bracket and its minimal weld joints could cause it to fail at some point, partially dropping the stand.  I looked into making the adapter bracket as all one piece and finding alternate mounting points, but the engineering and fabrication costs are hard to justify.

Alternately, I did contact Rivco and they said they would do a production run with an order for 50 units.  If there are at least 50 of us who want one of those, I'm happy to coordinate that effort instead.

A bunch of us did this same dance with Rivco a few years ago.  I think the total was fewer but it took forever for them to get around to making them...  I finally got mine and the price was ridiculous...  But I liked the damn thing..  I have one on the 99rsv and plan on putting this one... still in the box...on the 07rsv.  Luckily I put a Voyager Kit on the 04rsmv so don't need another....  50 units sounds like they really don't want to make any...  The one on the 99 works great and looks great...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 12:21 PM, Condor said:

A bunch of us did this same dance with Rivco a few years ago.  I think the total was fewer but it took forever for them to get around to making them...  I finally got mine and the price was ridiculous...  But I liked the damn thing..  I have one on the 99rsv and plan on putting this one... still in the box...on the 07rsv.  Luckily I put a Voyager Kit on the 04rsmv so don't need another....  50 units sounds like they really don't want to make any...  The one on the 99 works great and looks great...

Yeah, becoming more than obvious they don't want to even make 50 of them as they will not respond to my emails asking for a price quote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...