IGNORED

The Future of Meet & Eats

Skid

Over the past 20+ years I have attended several great Meet and Eats. Met a lot of great friends and ate a lot of great food. The attendance numbers has fallen off over the years after loosing a few riders, but for some who are still diehards, we continue to have a good time. With all the new viruses and crap going around, I hope that there are those who continue to Meet & Eat. Last I knew of, the New York group has got together and  Mike's Root Beer Run still does. I haven't made either of them yet but would like to in the future. Not sure of any others.  As for our annual  third weekend in August each year at Vogel and Asheville, they have been great.  With or without an official Meet & Eat gathering, I plan to continue visiting theses locations. Anyone is welcome to join. I guess what I'm saying is that  there was a time I would check this website multiple times a day and couldn't live without it. I don't get to as much but sure miss the fun we had.  I am retired now, but seems like I don't get to as  any events as I use to.  I miss that....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

MD in June!

I'm in...

And wish I could make some of the rest of the M&Es, but the summers in the SW make it difficult for me to get anywhere on a scoot. To darn 🔥🥵!!

I want to try and do some more cross country in the RV trailer though. I can do that in the summer!

Maybe I'll drop by....grins!

definitely missed maint day this year. Hope everything goes well next year. With maint day and rdawsons get together in Kentucky in May looks like we will be getting together again.  Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.

Really hate that Covid got MD and WNY this year. I’m getting to make Vogel the first time next week. Wish there were more members closer to this area to do some M&Es. I may be retired before the rally here next May, almost positive I will be before the following year so if we get a good turnout I can see that becoming an annual event. There’s some really nice riding here, you can come in on interstate or good smaller roads. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skid said:

Over the past 20+ years I have attended several great Meet and Eats. Met a lot of great friends and ate a lot of great food. The attendance numbers has fallen off over the years after loosing a few riders, but for some who are still diehards, we continue to have a good time. With all the new viruses and crap going around, I hope that there are those who continue to Meet & Eat. Last I knew of, the New York group has got together and  Mike's Root Beer Run still does. I haven't made either of them yet but would like to in the future. Not sure of any others.  As for our annual  third weekend in August each year at Vogel and Asheville, they have been great.  With or without an official Meet & Eat gathering, I plan to continue visiting theses locations. Anyone is welcome to join. I guess what I'm saying is that  there was a time I would check this website multiple times a day and couldn't live without it. I don't get to as much but sure miss the fun we had.  I am retired now, but seems like I don't get to as  any events as I use to.  I miss that....

I am with yo skid. Every year I looked forward to Maintenance Day, the WNY  rally and the roaming international rallies, and hooking up with all the great friends I made through this website over the years.  For a time we even had a good Ontario Rally and a meet and eat or two going. I hate to admit it but I am getting a little bored running the same local  roads over and over. I hope things get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, videoarizona said:

MD in June!

I'm in...

And wish I could make some of the rest of the M&Es, but the summers in the SW make it difficult for me to get anywhere on a scoot. To darn 🔥🥵!!

I want to try and do some more cross country in the RV trailer though. I can do that in the summer!

Maybe I'll drop by....grins!

Time to pop for the Corbin Fire & Ice Seat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Squidley said:

I know for Lonna and I, life has sped up a lot. I too miss the M&E's and would love to get it going again. Hopefully we could get some of the newer members to step in the gap and plan one.

11 hours ago, Squidley said:

I know for Lonna and I, life has sped up a lot. I too miss the M&E's and would love to get it going again. Hopefully we could get some of the newer members to step in the gap and plan one.

4 minutes ago, Skid said:

I hope to travel and hit a few more events this year, but if the third weekend in August remains open, I will set up a location again.    

Edited by Skid

9 hours ago, djh3 said:

Since I had to change jobs a few years back it has killed my free time and getting out to ride anywhere it seems.

My situation it just the opposite. The minute Covid became a serious threat back in Feb 2020 My Dr called me up to tell me to stop work. The reasons being underlying health issues including three bouts of pneumonia over the past 50 years, My age and the fact that my job entailed dealing with truck drivers that are constantly crossing state and provincial borders and working on their trucks. He simply put it to me that I would not survive if I caught this thing. So here I now have all this free time to travel on my M/C without needing to be home or anywhere else by a certain time and I still can't do any cross country road trip. Talk about holding a juicy steak in front of a dog but just out side the length of his chain. :bang head:

4 hours ago, etcswjoe said:

We were ready for Myrtle Beach this year and someone did not tell us he was there. 

I'm in Myrtle Beach every year for bike week and I have another ocean front room for May 2022.

4 hours ago, etcswjoe said:

We were ready for Myrtle Beach this year and someone did not tell us he was there. 

• Like 1