IGNORED

Anybody Run The Pirelli MT66 On Their Bike?

Squidley

53 minutes ago, Squidley said:

I have not been able to buy the right size to fit my ride in a Pirelli , I have heard that they are a good tire ...In 57 years of owning a bike I have found nothing better than the Dunlop Elite series ....I also found that when I need to buy a tire , is availabilty ...I have paid so much in shipping that it seems unreal ..Good Luck in finding the size you need

32 minutes ago, larrydr said:

I have not been able to buy the right size to fit my ride in a Pirelli , I have heard that they are a good tire ...In 57 years of owning a bike I have found nothing better than the Dunlop Elite series ....I also found that when I need to buy a tire , is availabilty ...I have paid so much in shipping that it seems unreal ..Good Luck in finding the size you need

They had both the sizes for my RSV, I just went ahead and ordered them. I haven't heard anything bad about the Pirelli's, so as Admiral David Glasgow Farragut said during the Battle of Mobile Bay, “Damn the torpedoes! Four Bells! Captain Drayton, go ahead!

2 hours ago, Squidley said:

They had both the sizes for my RSV, I just went ahead and ordered them. I haven't heard anything bad about the Pirelli's, so as Admiral David Glasgow Farragut said during the Battle of Mobile Bay, “Damn the torpedoes! Four Bells! Captain Drayton, go ahead!

The question is......Did he survive or was it a suicide run or did you not get to end of the book yet.

I have run  one set of E2's one set of E3's and on my second set of E4's. I found them to be a great running tire with excellent tread life. If I had any complaint at all it is that I found near the last 1/4 of their tread life I found the rubber getting harder and road grip in the corners started to fade some.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

I searched out some of the reviews online and even came across a writeup that V7Goose did here and they all seem to like the MT66 Pirelli's. Delivered to the door is costing me $230 which I felt was a decent price. Michelins were going to be a little over $400, so I'm happy with it. As far as mileage, we'll see what happens, I'm usually pretty on the ball about keeping my tire pressures consistent. 

I've run E3's the last 35k miles on my 03 Midnight.  The bike came with them and I've put two sets on her since July 2017.  I ride rain or shine to work until the snow & salt flies and have loved the E3's in the rain, but they are no longer available. 

The Elite or E4's are not made for the front tire (150/80-16) ...or so the local guy I have bought from said.    I need to score a set due to a nail in the front tire last week.   

I do like the price of the set MT66!

IMG_20210718_192353410.jpg

IMG_20210718_192341496.jpg

13 hours ago, Squidley said:

I did find on set of Perilli available , but the shipping itself was as much as the tires cost

• Sad 1

I ran the MT 66 and did a review for  ultimate motorcycling on them. The were very low price but I only got 8000 miles on them and interestingly both front and rear went at the same time. Normally my front gets double the rear.

Here it is

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/06/18/pirelli-mt-66-route-tire-review-an-oldie-but-goodie/

VentureFar...

• Like 1