IGNORED

Splurged for a new gun

Freebird

Stopped by Fin Feather and Fur yesterday just to look around.,  Ended up buying another pistol.  I bought a Kimber Micro 9.  Also picked up 5 boxes of 9mm ammo.  They had plenty of Ammon but there was a 5 box limit.  I have several pistols and my carry piece is a Sig Sauer P365.  It's a good gun for carry because it holds 12 rounds and is small.  This one is about as small but only holds 8 rounds with the extended magazine.  Still, I prefer the looks and feel of the hammer fired 1911 style pistols.  The Sig will still be my main carry piece but I like this one just because of the styling, finish, etc.  

BUT.....I haven't kept up with the new models in a while and just learned that Cold is making the .44 Anaconda again.  I think that will be my next major gun purchase.  They are expensive but I've wanted one for many years.

Anyway, here is a pic of the new addition.  It goes well my my Crimson Carry in .45.  

BA_kimber_micro9_twotone_pistol_1370282.jpg.webp

• Like 6

DOnt own any fire arms other than a .22 Remington my mom gave me when Step Dad died. My son has a 9mm carry. His father in law on the other hand uses a 45 acp. He might as well just holster that up as a side arm as you aint hiding that thing. Plus I dont see it as very portable or stealthy.

Ended up buying another one yesterday.  Saw it when I picked up the Kimber but had never heard of the brand and wanted to do a bit of research first.  Everything I've read has been pretty positive so for the money, I felt it was a decent deal.  I think it's made in Turkey.  That's what I've read but haven't actually looked yet.  It is a Citadel Boss 25.  Came with two five round magazines but 10 rounds are available.  I'll probably shoot it over the next day or so.  It's.12 gauge shotgun changed for 3" rounds.  The only thing I really don't like about it is that the stock is not adjustable for length.  Stock comb is adjustable for height though.  I don't have the optics shown, just the fl9p up iron sites.  May add some optics later but for my use, I really don't need them.

492baffd-ba0c-44a3-8fdf-5bee20a313b5-jpeg.224485.webp

• Like 4

On 7/28/2021 at 7:34 PM, ragtop69gs said:

Depending on how I'm dressed, my go to carry is either a Ruger SR40C or Sig 938. Both are sweet shooters.

Plus when crossing back into Canada you get invited to spend some social time with the nice Canadian customs people.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 1

Nice kimber. I’ve been considering a P365 to replace my summer time carry piece. I carry a Glock 19 most the time but in the summer I typically carry a S&W M&P Shield + extra magazine.  I feel like with the P365 I could stop carrying the extra mag. 

3 minutes ago, ItsLunchBOX said:

Nice kimber. I’ve been considering a P365 to replace my summer time carry piece. I carry a Glock 19 most the time but in the summer I typically carry a S&W M&P Shield + extra magazine.  I feel like with the P365 I could stop carrying the extra mag. 

I like my 365 for carry.  It's easy to conceal and shoots well.  It comes with a lot of factory grease so you need to make sure you tear it down and clean/lube it before shooting.  I'm sure you know that already though.  I usually do but was impatient to try it out and the result was several fail to feeds with the first rounds.  After cleaning and lubing it, I've never had another problem.  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:21 AM, saddlebum said:

Plus when crossing back into Canada you get invited to spend some social time with the nice Canadian customs people.

Yes I know, thought I was gonna spend some quality time with them last time I crossed the border with you and they found my 38 cal speedloader in my tour pack! 🥺

I have bought several rifles this year in Remington 700 BDL's. And not one pistol but when I do it will be a Ruger 57 not for carry. I have a Springfield 45 compact or my Remington 1911 45. If I have very loose fitting jacket I could carry my 44 super red hawk.