IGNORED

stator

dueyk1111

It varies depending  on how much electrical load you force it to carry. The more lights/load you put on them the harder it has to work. using LED's will reduce this load substantially I replaced mine in the 89 2 years ago and I have put 160,000 km on it I was running high wattage bulbs as well. Running too long with low or dirty oil can also be a factor since it uses the oil to keep it from overheating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 89 has the original stator.

My 05 does as well. Both have led headlights that reduces the load. But that's only been for the past 3 years.

Clean oil, in my opinion, is paramount to stator life. 

I also don't ride in 100 degree heat...which no doubt helps! Lol.

Have no fear it will let you know when it has had enough  :big-grin-emoticon:    Mine chose to inform me near  the top of the Peace Bridge    :thumbdown:and I had just enough momentum to coast over the crest and down to the border. from there it was a motorcycle rescue ride home via auto club. The sad part there is nothing much you can do to forewarn you. All you can do is not overload your electrical system and maintain proper and clean quality oil in your sump

Edited by saddlebum

4 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Have no fear it will let you know when it has had enough  :big-grin-emoticon:    Mine chose to inform me near  the top of the Queenston Lewiston Bridge    :thumbdown:and I had just enough momentum to coast over the crest and down to the border. from there it was a motorcycle rescue ride home via auto club. The sad part there is nothing much you can do to forewarn you. All you can do is not overload your electrical system and maintain proper and clean quality oil in your sump

Correction: Queenston Lewiston Bridge should read, Peace Bridge.

19 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Correction: Queenston Lewiston Bridge should read, Peace Bridge.

That's what I said the first time second guessed myself and changed it and now I got to correct it again. ....I guess I should thank you though. and before you say I am still waiting....Thank you.

BTW all after Carl got through the border he managed to get permission to come back through to see if he could lend me a hand that's why he was able to correct me on which bridge it was. Goes to show once again what kind of guy he is.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, saddlebum said:

That's what I said the first time second guessed myself and changed it and now I got to correct it again. ....I guess I should thank you though. and before you say I am still waiting....Thank you.

BTW all after Carl got through the border he managed to get permission to come back through to see if he could lend me a hand that's why he was able to correct me on which bridge it was. Goes to show once again what kind of guy he is.

I bet they seen me comin', and thought to themselves: we got more to do today than to listen to this Canuck, bet he learned his talking from the guy that's stranded over there. How soon can we get these speechifiers otta here?

2 hours ago, Marcarl said:

I bet they seen me comin', and thought to themselves: we got more to do today than to listen to this Canuck, bet he learned his talking from the guy that's stranded over there. How soon can we get these speechifiers otta here?

LOL whatever works

3 hours ago, Marcarl said:

It worked for them I guess,,, we did leave didn't we?

yup and the border guy was even kind enough to help me push the bike across the border and into the shade, into the handicapped section. When I questioned him about parking in the handicapped section He simply asked is you bike running, to which I replied  no, to which he replied  then your handicapped ...unless you prefer to park in the sun, to which I replied you win to which he replied of course I win I am the border patrol.

31 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

yup and the border guy was even kind enough to help me push the bike across the border and into the shade, into the handicapped section. When I questioned him about parking in the handicapped section He simply asked is you bike running, to which I replied  no, to which he replied  then your handicapped ...unless you prefer to park in the sun, to which I replied you win to which he replied of course I win I am the border patrol.

Amazing what a few peperettes can do eh.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, saddlebum said:

It varies depending  on how much electrical load you force it to carry. The more lights/load you put on them the harder it has to work. using LED's will reduce this load substantially I replaced mine in the 89 2 years ago and I have put 160,000 km on it I was running high wattage bulbs as well. Running too long with low or dirty oil can also be a factor since it uses the oil to keep it from overheating.

I do agree @saddlebum  , I bought a new Stator for my 83 XVZ1200 from Yamaha and they sent a plate to mount with Stator to help with the oil flow at the Stator

9 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

Who said anything about bribing? That is totally your idea!!!

I am too dutch too bribe. Smuggling is more the nature of my gene pool. Off course even there I have conflicting genes. My fathers side of the gene pool are notorious for smuggling and being successful at it, while my mothers side is more along the lines of fear of of getting caught and have the give away facial expressions to pretty much guarantee it.

Edited by saddlebum