IGNORED

05 triple tree rake ?

Hi I am haveing a nightmare trying to rake my trike . I have a 2005 Yamaha royal venture. I want to rake front out about 6 degrees .

it is a trike a trying to steer is a killer in the turns . 
I emailed hannington weeks ago with no reply: 

can anyone give me sone info on we’re to find a rake for this bike . 

13 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

There are two ways to change the rake of your bike. Raise or lower the rear end, or cut and bend the front of the frame.

That's not entirely true. There are triple trees that are made for trikes that will change the stock rake. The other 2 methods mentioned will work, but there are aftermarket alternatives. 

• Like 1

Guest divey
10 hours ago, RDawson said:

http://www.hannigantrikes.com/news/genuine-hannigan-steer-lite-better-by-design/

This link takes you to Hannigan’s Steer Lite triple tree info. 

When I bought my 08 with the Hannigan kit, I was ignorant of the triple tree issue.  As it turns out, the trike company that did the conversion (now out of business thankfully), cut and welded the existing Venture triple tree, thereby giving it some rake.  When I rode it, it seemed a bit hard to turn but never having ridden a trike before, I was none the wiser.  When I took my trike to another local trike dealer (still in business and thriving), he pointed out the cut and weld job.  He ordered the proper triple tree from Hannigan, installed it and the difference in handling and turning is like night and day.  When I looked at the cut and weld job that was done on it initially, it was pretty clear that it was a shortcut and a means of trying to make a few bucks at the expense, and ignorance, of the purchaser.  Just my 2 cents worth but if your wallet allows for it, get your proper triple tree from Hannigan and do the job properly.  Doug

On 7/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, Kennyraw said:

Hi I am haveing a nightmare trying to rake my trike . I have a 2005 Yamaha royal venture. I want to rake front out about 6 degrees .

it is a trike a trying to steer is a killer in the turns . 
I emailed hannington weeks ago with no reply: 

can anyone give me sone info on we’re to find a rake for this bike . 

Look at the top of the triple tree, just under where the handle bars mount and see if it has Hannigan stamped into the plate. If it does it has the Hannigan kit on it. If it does not then the Hannigan kit is what you need. 

All too often too much rake is added into the bike with conversion kits. May look cool and is great for straight highway driving but can be brutal on turns. One friend of mine had so much rake that not only did he have to strongarm the handlebars to make the turn but every turn was so wide it was as though he was taking an 18 wheeler around those corners and he often scarred me with worry that a he might get clipped by a car coming the opposite way.

Edited by saddlebum

3 hours ago, Woody said:

Look at the top of the triple tree, just under where the handle bars mount and see if it has Hannigan stamped into the plate. If it does it has the Hannigan kit on it. If it does not then the Hannigan kit is what you need. 

Ok will do 

10 hours ago, divey said:

When I bought my 08 with the Hannigan kit, I was ignorant of the triple tree issue.  As it turns out, the trike company that did the conversion (now out of business thankfully), cut and welded the existing Venture triple tree, thereby giving it some rake.  When I rode it, it seemed a bit hard to turn but never having ridden a trike before, I was none the wiser.  When I took my trike to another local trike dealer (still in business and thriving), he pointed out the cut and weld job.  He ordered the proper triple tree from Hannigan, installed it and the difference in handling and turning is like night and day.  When I looked at the cut and weld job that was done on it initially, it was pretty clear that it was a shortcut and a means of trying to make a few bucks at the expense, and ignorance, of the purchaser.  Just my 2 cents worth but if your wallet allows for it, get your proper triple tree from Hannigan and do the job properly.  Doug

I agree