IGNORED

Got a new winshield...

Steve S

Hello Forum. 

I purchased a new ClearView winshileld with vent for my ride a couple of months ago.  It finally came in and I got around to putting it on this afternoon.  To say it gives a much better view that the short one with the plastic chrome strip around the top is an understatement.  I like a tall winshield with a vent for more protection from rain and this fits the bill. 

I did have one little scare while I was riding this evening.  A buzzard flew up ahead of me so I hit the brakes pretty hard and got slowed down some.  It was above my head and then suddenly dropped down right in front of the headlight.  I was still doing about 35 when I hit it so it was a solid impact.   Thankfully neither the fairing or the winshield were damaged so it was a good ride.  

Steve

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PastorCurt said:

Question; How long did it take for you to receive it after you ordered? I am wanting a windshield like yours for a trip at the end of August and I don’t want it delivered after I get home!

PastorCurt I believe the delay was about 6 weeks.  Since it was for a RSV that is out of production they had to make it fresh.  There was a little delay with the vent maker as well.  However it was well worth the wait.  My GF likes it too since it knocks a little wind off of her.  

12 hours ago, Pasta Burner said:

You didn’t pick it up for dinner?  Never had buzzard but in a pinch I’d grill it up.  

any link to your windshield?  I’m looking for a replacement.

The link to Clearview Shields is www.clearviewshields.com.  The website is easy to follow and order from.  I was called a couple of time to apogize about the delay and ask if I would be ok with the vent from a new manufacturer.  I was assured it would have to meet their quality standards and evidently it did cause it works very well  

• Like 1

I've had Clearview on 4 scoots now. Had vents in all. There was a delay as the bikes are old models, but the product simply works very well! Well worth any wait. Service has always been good too! 

I do recommend them....

Edited by videoarizona
Spelling