IGNORED

cleaning/treating clearview shield

sleadhed

looking for voices of experience. Best product to treat a new clearview shield.  The paperwork that came with the shield said to use a light wax, rainx, pledge, or Honda polish.  

I have heard wax pledge and rainx will yellow the plastics. the only thing  I ever put on my old stock shield was Plexus or the Honda polish. 

Looking for guys who have had the clearview on for multiple years. 

Thanks 
Ken

I've never used rainx, but used pledge quite a bit, but it was a Slipstream windshield, but I doubt it was any different. When rain was in the forecast, I would put on a good coating of paste wax . Never a problem. I've heard though that some Rainx will cause problems and that they make a product for 'plastic'.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, Marcarl said:

I've never used rainx, but used pledge quite a bit, but it was a Slipstream windshield, but I doubt it was any different. When rain was in the forecast, I would put on a good coating of paste wax . Never a problem. I've heard though that some Rainx will cause problems and that they make a product for 'plastic'.

The  instructions I received with my windshield with regards to rain-x from the manufacture was Not to use the new formula. But that it was Ok to use either the original formula or the formula designed specifically for plastic windshields.