IGNORED

Compatible final drive for 88 venture royale

Is there any newer final drives available for a 88 venture royale? I thought I saw something about a much newer VMAX final drive swap but I can’t find the post. I have found posts where people are taking late model ventures and putting VMAX final drives on them but not sure if this applies to the much older models as well.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:55 AM, Yamaha32088 said:

Is there any newer final drives available for a 88 venture royale? I thought I saw something about a much newer VMAX final drive swap but I can’t find the post. I have found posts where people are taking late model ventures and putting VMAX final drives on them but not sure if this applies to the much older models as well.

Hey Brandon,

The VMAX Final Drives up tp the model year 1993 would be a direct bolt on swap for your 88'VR. I would stay away from the first 3 years of the production of the VMAX Final Drives, because they seemed to be not as hardy as the later model years. Keep in mind that this is gong to increase the RPM of your engine across the board the entire time you are riding your bike but in my opinion, I don't do a lot of riding in excess of 100MPH any more, so to me, it's worth the trade off. If you have any other questions about this swap. please feel free to PM me. This is one of the best "Bang for the buck" upgrades you can do to a First Gen.

Good luck with this project Brandon,

Earl

• Like 1