IGNORED

Hello all from England

Hi from England.

I have joined as I am returning to the 1300 Royale after nearly 30 years away from owning one back in the early 90's.

Finding one to buy has taken a while and I know I will be tinkering and working to keep it going a lot more than I used to with my original one. I am looking forward to getting to learn from everyone here and share what experiences I can for others.

My first one in blue and when I had hair.

Mike.

IMG_20210617_152131 1.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Welcome!  Did you get a 1st Gen this time too?

Yes I did a 1991 1300 this time in maroon, or at least I think that is what the colour was called. Some may say burgundy otherwise the same as my original one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I think 91 is the first year for the strong starter.   (4 brush starter versus a 2 brush starter) So, you shouldn't have to worry about slow hot starts.

I will have to find out how to tell which is which and check it out once I have my hands on the bike. Would be a bonus

21 hours ago, casper said:

I will have to find out how to tell which is which and check it out once I have my hands on the bike. Would be a bonus

As long as the bike cranks over well, hot or cold, I would not be too concerned as to which starter it has. However if you do have a hot cranking issue than it would be a good idea to look into it and upgrade to a 4 brush if needed.