IGNORED

Clearview Shields for Star Venture

I can't find the Star Venture listed on Clearview Shield's web site, has anyone bought one recently? I've seen posts from several members who've said they bought them so apparently they were available at one time.

Do they come in different sizes?

I'd like to install a slightly taller and wider windshield, is there a significant difference between the Show Chrome 20-611 windshield and the Clearview Shields? Show Chrome says theirs is 2.5" taller and 4" wider than stock.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dbarbee said:

I can't find the Star Venture listed on Clearview Shield's web site, has anyone bought one recently? I've seen posts from several members who've said they bought them so apparently they were available at one time.

Do they come in different sizes?

I'd like to install a slightly taller and wider windshield, is there a significant difference between the Show Chrome 20-611 windshield and the Clearview Shields? Show Chrome says theirs is 2.5" taller and 4" wider than stock.

Might not be listed but they do make them. I reached out to them directly and they said they can do whatever I want in size, including recurve top.

I’d suggest calling them.

Thanks all! I finally heard back from them this evening, currently waiting on a quote. 

They’re available in 19.5” small, 21.0” medium (stock size), & 22.75” large, clear or light gray, with or without a vent. I didn’t think to ask if they all have a recurve but I’ll ask when I hear back from them.

I have an XXL Clearview with a vent on my RSV so I’ll likely go with the large on my new SVTC. With the 3” of travel that should allow me to look over it when it’s all the way down and through it when it’s all the way up, which is what I wanted. I don’t care for the way the vent looks in the SVTC shield so I’ll skip that option. 

• Like 1

That video was very helpful, thanks!

Still waiting on a quote from Clearview Shields. Called and left a voicemail and replied to their email but no response yet, hopefully I’ll hear something back tomorrow. 

22 hours ago, Dbarbee said:

That video was very helpful, thanks!

Still waiting on a quote from Clearview Shields. Called and left a voicemail and replied to their email but no response yet, hopefully I’ll hear something back tomorrow. 

Hey @Dbarbee, please let me know what they quote you on that windshield. It sounds as if we are wanting the same size, and I never asked them for a quote.

Thanks in advance!

On 6/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, ChiefGunner said:

Hey @Dbarbee, please let me know what they quote you on that windshield. It sounds as if we are wanting the same size, and I never asked them for a quote.

Thanks in advance!

Total quote for 22.75” tall, clear, no vent, with recurve was $162.37 including shipping and a 10% discount for being a Venture Rider member. 12-16 days lead time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

I ordered the windshield on 6/22 and it was delivered on 7/23. (A little beyond the original 12-16 business day estimate but not too bad)

I finally got it installed last night and went for a short ride and so far I'm happy with it. Installation was easy and it fit perfectly using the original fasteners. In the full up position the windshield comes to about the top of my forehead and in the full down position it comes to the tip of my nose allowing me to see over it when I need to. The full up and full down positions are about as good as I hoped given the limited 4" of total travel. The recurve at the top is very subtle and not dramatic like I've seen on some other windshields which I think fits well with the Venture's style.

As others have mentioned, the extra width infringes slightly on the mirrors but it's not an issue and worth the extra wind protection. The real test will be when I can get out on the highway and get it up to 65-75 mph.

Clearview Shields Windshield.jpg

• Like 2