IGNORED

Finally the secrets behind the Rocket 3

Patch

31 minutes ago, SpencerPJ said:

Haha, I would like to take one for a ride tho.

They had a demo day in the western burbs of Chicago a few years back and I went with some riding buddies who had either retro-classis or sport-touring Triumphs.  I always liked my buddies Trophy 1200 sport tourer,  the 3-cyl bikes had a unique wail and power delivery than the typical jap I-4 bikes, and the retro bikes were just old school cool.

So I sign up and I grab the Rocket Tour on our 1st trip out, now it's "detuned" and only 105hp but 155ft-lb, but I figured I'd tiptoe into the big bike.  They actually took us on the highway and I didn't even realize I was running 3rd gear at 80mph the engine was that smooth and just kept pulling.  2nd time out I grab the standard Rocket and lifted the front wheel at one point and actually out-accelerated a 675 Daytona.  That bike was just to much fun, but so big and fast I would have EASILY gotten myself in to much trouble un-chaperoned.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Rocket 3 and seriously considered one.  I kept hoping that they would come out with a full blown touring bike.  What they called the touring model was just a windshield and bags.  I hoped a full touring bike was coming with fairing, trunk, all the goodies but it never happened and now there seems to be only sport models.  Too bad.  I'll likely never own one now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freebird said:

I hoped a full touring bike was coming with fairing, trunk, all the goodies but it never happened and now there seems to be only sport models.

Agreed, had the offered something like Honda did with the Valkyrie, a standard, a touring, and the "interstate" I probably would have been in for one.