IGNORED

Just bought 2nd gen venture .

daincrediblecolt

So just bought my first venture .. very excited to say the least.. I chose this over a heritage soft tail.. So I'm wanting to change the speakers as well.as add a Bluetooth or even better a head unit were the cassete player is 

.. does anyone have any experience with this ? Me and the wife are ready to.ride but she wants to listen to some tunes while doing so and the am/fm.radio.isnt doing it .

645040740.jpg

645040784.jpg

I had planned on BlueTooth upgrade but I found just running a short aux audio cable works just fine to connect my Galaxy. Not quite as convenient but a lot cheaper and easier on the front end.

This phone mount works perfectly and is solid as a rock.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088FNVGWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

I'm with luvmy40 and go with patch cord in aux plug-in with radio( can take off front fairing and y connect to plug there so radio panel can stay shut  )I plan on doing this myself as I have a Sirius satellite radio I use.  When FM stations fade out or want commercial free I switch to satellite. Cheaper and less work.

I too went with a wire. 

BUT, I added a "Y" connector under the front fairing that splits the Aux input into 2 sources. I then added XM radio and Garmin gps. The gps had an sd card slot. I loaded that with a couple of thousand oldies from my collection.

So now I have radio, tape deck, XM and the gps all available to listen to. 

20180610_105351.jpg

• Thanks 1

I opted to use a Bluetooth 12v receiver. It’s inside the fairing and comes on with the key. It plugged into the aux plug  in there. I took out the tape deck and put charge ports there. I use iPhone so I’d need adapters to be able to charge and use aux plug at the same time. Several options out there. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 5:48 AM, WIZ said:

Not sure if you plan to use the CB system or not, but I completely removed my stereo system and installed a blue-tooth amp. Here is the link to a discussion about it. https://www.venturerider.org/forum/topic/69258-2009-venture-stereo/?tab=comments#comment-795494

Ron

Wiz .. where did u mount the amp too ? 

9 hours ago, RDawson said:

I opted to use a Bluetooth 12v receiver. It’s inside the fairing and comes on with the key. It plugged into the aux plug  in there. I took out the tape deck and put charge ports there. I use iPhone so I’d need adapters to be able to charge and use aux plug at the same time. Several options out there. 

I did the same, except turned the cassette into a storage cubby & added a phone holder that is tied to 12v inside the fairing. It has a USB charging port that I plug right into the phone.  I stream either straight from tunes stored on the phone or Pandora over BT. 

F1AB2DB2-D64B-4EB9-9CDF-2EABBE15688F.jpeg

1 hour ago, daincrediblecolt said:

Rdawson can you show me pictures of what you mean putting charging ports in cassette slot 

I don’t have pics with me but I gutted the cassette deck and used a parts store set that fit inside the deck case. It has a lighter plug and two USB ports. I kept the door operational so I can close it to look factory.