IGNORED

Replacing speakers, anything else I should do while I’ve got the front end apart?

Went to three dealers / shops yesterday in search of highway pegs. Nobody had anything in stock so I swung by the car audio store and picked up a pair of Kicker 4” marine and put together a plan for further audio if I want more.  Anyway main reason for the post is to ask what else should I be looking at / inspecting / maintenancing while I’ve got it apart, it’s a lot of work getting in there.

Edited by Pasta Burner

• Pasta Burner changed the title to Replacing speakers, anything else I should do while I’ve got the front end apart?
7 minutes ago, Pasta Burner said:

Went to three dealers / shops yesterday in search of highway pegs. Nobody had anything in stock so I swung by the car audio store and picked up a pair of Kicker 4” marine and put together a plan for further audio if I want more.  Anyway main reason for the post is to ask what else should I be looking at / inspecting / maintenancing while I’ve got it apart, it’s a lot of work getting in there.

If you got that far, might as well pull all the connectors apart, clean them, stick them back together and then lightly coat with Fluid Film.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pasta Burner said:

Good call @Marcarl didn’t look up what this goes to but it’s less likely an issue in the future.

607AE35A-B276-4733-ACB1-0A7036BA048E.jpeg

When I had mine apart, i opted for changing the whole sound system. I don't have any cassettes anymore so I went with marine grade Bluetooth enable stereo sytem. Connected to my phone and streams for as long as there is fuel in the tank. 

42 minutes ago, Midicat said:

When I had mine apart, i opted for changing the whole sound system. I don't have any cassettes anymore so I went with marine grade Bluetooth enable stereo sytem. Connected to my phone and streams for as long as there is fuel in the tank. 

@Midicat would you mind posting what all you did?  I have a desire to keep it as original as possible.  With that said, I’m not opposed to changing things up if I can put it back to factory condition.  For instance I opted to hack up my brand new speakers to fit the bike rather than hack up the bike to fit the speakers.

No project is properly completed without a few extra pieces.  I realized just after I took the pic the rubber bits are the fork cap covers from my progressive install.  Not so sure about the other screws esp the two m5 with lock washers but no flat washer. 🤷‍♂️

I must say the Kickers are a marked improvement in the garage, we’ll see what they sound like on the road tomorrow.

AA03EFDB-05C1-4D46-98D2-C3332D905E5B.jpeg

On 6/7/2021 at 10:24 AM, Pasta Burner said:

@Midicat would you mind posting what all you did?  I have a desire to keep it as original as possible.  With that said, I’m not opposed to changing things up if I can put it back to factory condition.  For instance I opted to hack up my brand new speakers to fit the bike rather than hack up the bike to fit the speakers.

image.png.366b362efd5de5b4c4501642aa785770.png

Cleaned out the old system, gave it away and installed this Pyle unit on dark polycarbonate sheet cut to size. I used a rotary tool to remove the mounts for the old system. Mounted the bracket and hooked it up. I stream music from the phone but also use a USB drive with over 4000 songs. 

• Like 2