IGNORED

I'm a new owner

Hello everyone. I'm new to the venture life. I've wanted this 83 for 4 years and finally got it. I had to do carb work when I got it and I just rode it for the first time. And I'm in love. I know nothing about them yet but I'm eager to learn. Are there any things that I should look for and are there any members in ohio that I could talk to for advice?

A couple of things.  How many miles on it?  The '83 - mid '85 had a soft washer in the transmission that will eventually cause your to lose second gear.  The other major thing is that the from, under the drivers seat, can hold water and eventually rust from the inside and crack.  They are great bikes though.  Enjoy.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:35 PM, Freebird said:

A couple of things.  How many miles on it?  The '83 - mid '85 had a soft washer in the transmission that will eventually cause your to lose second gear.  The other major thing is that the from, under the drivers seat, can hold water and eventually rust from the inside and crack.  They are great bikes though.  Enjoy.

It has a little over 25k on it. I need assistance with it as I know nothing about bikes. I'm trying but I'm clueless. I rode it once after getting it running. But I'm having issues with the clutch I think

14 hours ago, Beardeddad said:

It has a little over 25k on it. I need assistance with it as I know nothing about bikes. I'm trying but I'm clueless. I rode it once after getting it running. But I'm having issues with the clutch I think

sign up as a full fledged member you will not regret it. As far as clueless goes your in the right spot to deal with that temporary affliction you will not find a more knowledgeable nor helpful group than the ones you will find here. Some may even show up on your doorstep to lend a hands on hand  if they are close enough  and you are in dire need of such assistance. Nobody here is perfect but the combined knowledge of all surpasses anything you you may need.

On 6/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, saddlebum said:

sign up as a full fledged member you will not regret it. As far as clueless goes your in the right spot to deal with that temporary affliction you will not find a more knowledgeable nor helpful group than the ones you will find here. Some may even show up on your doorstep to lend a hands on hand  if they are close enough  and you are in dire need of such assistance. Nobody here is perfect but the combined knowledge of all surpasses anything you you may need.

Thank you I more then likely will. I'm in love with it. But I'd like to get it to someone that knows them well to have them look it all over and tell me what it needs.

3 hours ago, Beardeddad said:

Thank you I more then likely will. I'm in love with it. But I'd like to get it to someone that knows them well to have them look it all over and tell me what it needs.

If that fails, don't be afraid to ask questions. It's not for nothing that we learned these bikes inside and out and @saddlebum needs to have something to do.

If you need help please ask , there is a lot of know how on this site .

There are  somethings that books can not tell you , stuff that comes form many years on the road

Edited by larrydr
spelling errors

On 6/12/2021 at 5:21 PM, Marcarl said:

If that fails, don't be afraid to ask questions. It's not for nothing that we learned these bikes inside and out and @saddlebum needs to have something to do.

I rode it a decent bit this past weekend and I knew the air ride wasn't functioning properly. It gives an error 1 code. I haven't looked into it yet. But sat night I was at a light and it started smoking out of the pipes. And some came up in front of me. So now I'm worried