IGNORED

AR’s coming to Californistan?

RDawson

12 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

It's about freaking time!

How many appeals before it gets to the SCOTUS?

1-3.   The state could try an emergency appeal to SCOTUS or go to the 9th circuit, where it would go before a 3-judge panel 1st and then possibly appealed to the en banc 11-judge panel before going to SCOTUS.  The latter route could take years to reach a SCOTUS appeal hearing

I machined a lower out of solid brass, polished it up and my youngest boy purchased the rest of the parts online about 2 years ago and he has been chewing up lead for the last few years out in the Cali desert without any issues. I guess he will be able to mount it on his wall in his den without any issues finally! My father taught me the art of machining while smithing guns in our basement over 50 years ago, and if I can put my hands on a metal part, I can duplicate it! It has been tempting to get into the "business", but making motorcycle parts has kept my tree hugging wife a LOT happier. Although my wife has never complained about me owning guns personally, as we have fended off predator's both four legged and two legged over the years as we live in a rather rural area! My take on this is a gun is a tool, like a hammer or a kitchen knife. It's not the tool that causes the issue, it's the person handling the tool. We kill more people with auto accidents than we do with guns, and we don't ban cars! Of course this whole debate is not based on logic. And because I am a logical person, I sometimes get confused when people suggest that an unarmed society would be oh so much safer. At that point we are no longer people, we're SHEEP! Easy pickin's for the wolves in this world.

My thoughts, for what they are worth.

Earl  

• Like 4

That’s one thing I wish I’d learned @skydoc_17, I had plans for the military in high school til I crushed two vertebrae in a car crash. After school I got into the sheet metal trade and then fighting fire. I have a well outfitted welding shop but no machining knowledge. I’ve always wanted to learn it but never had the time raising kids.