IGNORED

Oil Leak!

Is it the tube running from the bottom of one of the two airboxes that sit atop the carbs?  If so, that's by design, to drain away excess oil vapor that collects in the airbox, via the Positive Crankcase Ventilation.  Being careful not to overfill the oil will help. I installed a  small, diy catch can inline in the PCV path to catch most of it.  See last few posts here:

My oil Level is half way in site glass , I think it is coming from hose that is from air box I did trip two weeks ago

didnt leak when I got back  did 3000 miles didnt ride again until yesterday rode 250 miles and when I got back oil ran out 

rode 200 miles today and oil came out of hose, first time it has ever done that it does have 98,000 miles on it no valve

adjustment yet .

Thanks for your response

Bushwacker

Just a SWAG here, but when was the last time you had the tank off and pulled/cleaned the airboxes?  At 98k miles, perhaps the oil droplets pulled up via PCV have built up over time and were trapped in the bottom of the box due to a plugged drain line and something just caused the line to clear enough for the accumulated oil to drain out.

Here's what I would do, and perhaps its wishful thinking for a simple fix/solution but that's usually where I start and sometimes get lucky enough to end there: 

Pull the tank & airbox, clean all the oil out of the airbox and blow out the drain line to make sure it is clear (perhaps even pull the line and flush/clean it really good.)  Put it all back together and at least now you have a baseline of knowing everything is clean & clear.  There are two lines, but it seems that the one on the left/shifter side of the bike collects the most oil as it is the low side when parked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 4:24 AM, Bushwacker said:

Sounds Good Will do that this weekend never thought of that . It leaks when I park the bike . 

Thanks will come back to this topic and let you know.

Bushwacker

Any luck chasing down the source of the oil leak?

Took Bike to Dealer they said I Had gasket between oil and anti freeze plus valve cover leak had

them fix not cheap but I am not mechanic got bike back runs like new . Sorry I didnt get back

sooner but had computor problems. Thanks to all for responding and helping me.

Bushwacker

• Like 2